Ch. 24

A few weeks had gone by since everything went down and everything was finally starting to go back to normal.

Rebekah had said her goodbye to Vanessa, which of course broke her heart.

Hayley had was able to undo the spell that kept her pack cursed as wolves.

Elijah was preparing to get his city back.

And Vanessa and Klaus were growing closer together. They weren't anything though. They hadn't kissed since that day Klaus got home with tears in his eyes. But they were definitely growing withing themselves and around each other.

They would go out to eat, shop, he would give her a tour of the city and what everything meant to him. He had even taught her how to drive. Luckily for her, and everyone on the street, she was pretty good at it, and a quick learner too.

She would help him out in his paintings, occasionally posing or being his model and although she refused, she always gave into his pleads.

They even joked about how he had some serious competition when he would look over at her horrible drawing and painting, but spending time with him was honestly the best and she enjoyed it.

"I heard your brother rounded up people from each species, if you must, to declare what each one will get." Vanessa spoke

They were painting on his balcony when she finally broke the silence.

"Ah yes, my brother, trying to get his city back." He stated sarcastically

"I thought you would've wanted to be a part of that, no?" She asked

"After everything, I guess I kind of just lost interest in that if I'm being honest."

She simply nodded as she continued painting

"Matter of fact, they're having a party today, celebrating the fact that everyone can agree to not kill each other." He laughed, picking a different brush up.

"Would you like to be my date?" He asked with a child like face on which caused her to laugh and blush at once.

"Why, of course Nik" She smiled.

He returned the smile and they both returned to their paintings.

"What do I even wear?" She spoke again

"It's sort of a dark themed colored party, i guess black is a good option" He suggested

"Oh perfect" She replied, thinking of the right dress to wear.

After a few hours of them hanging out, eating and all of that stuff, it was around 5 when Vanessa decided to finally start getting ready.

She hopped in the shower and made sure to take her time. She wasn't even sure who was showing up but she didn't want to look bad either.

When she got out, she layered lotion over her body and walked over to her closet, picking out her little black short dress and then heading over to the mirror to proceed to put on her makeup.

She decided to go a little bolder than what she usually puts on. Usually, she does light makeup, you wouldn't even know she had makeup on if it wasn't for the mascara.

She put on her makeup and added black eyeliner to her top line and white liner on the bottom for a bolder eye. She also added a small wing for fun and experiments.

Afterwards, she dried her hair and then decided on light curls for the night.

After all of that was done, she could hear the music blasting through her walls and walked over to her shoes, picking up her black heels.