Mason's Point Of View

I didn't know if I would stay with Demi before we left but now I'm a 100% sure now. Demi was not the girl for me. I didn't want to break her heart because I knew all the pain she was put through in the past. I wish there was some way to tell her without breaking her heart.

   "I'm going to run to the bathroom before they preform." Demi told me before walking away. I had to do a double take. There is a beautiful girl standing in line for drinks. I walked over and stood in line behind her.

      "Hey." The girl said as she started to flirt with me. "Do you want to go out sometime?" She asked. I saw Kevin, Danielle, Nick and Miley walking towards us. I hope they didn't see me.

    "How about later tonight?" I asked.

    "That will be great." She took my hand and wrote her number on it.

     "What the hell, Mason!" Where's Demi you two timing cheating bastard! How can you do this to her." Miley was pissed. She was screaming at me., causing a scene but I knew she didn't care when it came down to a friend.

    "Miley, why don't you and Dani go over there. Kevin adn I will handle it." Nick said trying to calm her down.

    "Mason, if you break her heart, I will break your face!" Miley screamed holding a fist up right in my face. We all knew this would be front page news just waiting to happen.

   "So, I guess you're leaving Demi?" Kevin asked.

    "I decided before she started talking to me."

   "Well, you need to tell her. You know she is going to be hurt. When you break up with Demi, you need to stay away from her and not come back. Do you understand me?" Nick was being really clear.

   "Yes, Nick I understand."

   "Well, here comes Demi, tell her now." Kevin said as they walked over to Miley and Danielle. They were watching to make sure I told her, I guess.

   "Hey Mason. What's wrong?" Demi always knew when something was wrong. I don't want to break her heart but I have too.

   "Demi, I think it would be best if we stop seeing each other. I just don't feel sparks anymore."

   "What?! You're breaking up with me? Did you meet someone else?"

    "Yes, I met her just a few minutes ago, but I haven't felt sparks in months."

    "Whatever, Mason. I never want to see you again." She took off running to her friends with tears trying to escape from her eyes. Did I make a mistake?