𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮

Max and Rachel walked down the isles of the grocery store. The group decided to have a movie night at the last minute and the two volunteered on buying the snacks. "That was brave of you, you know" Max spoke, grabbing a bag of crisps and tossing it into the basket he was carrying. Rachel looked at him, confused before came into a realization that he was talking about Logan. "I wouldn't exactly call myself in that situation brave..." she chuckled. "But thanks" she finished, smiling up at Max.

The two continued walking down different isles of the store. Getting everything and anything they needed for the night. Turning around a corner, Rachel and Max heard loud voices arguing with each other. "C'mon mate. We don't need another bottle of this drink you're getting" one voice called. "Hey, you're not the one paying so don't complain" a second voice argued. Max looked at Rachel. He knew that voice. Even though he just met the guy two days ago, he didn't a second to figure out who it belongs to. Glancing back down at Rachel, the young lady was frozen in the spot. She didn't expect to meet Logan again. Grabbing Rachel's hand, he laced their fingers together. "Don't worry, I'm here" he whispered, squeezing Rachel's hand. She squeezed it back, and that was enough for him to know that she still trusted him like how she used to.

"Look what we have here..." Logan spoke, crossing his arms. "Now's not the time for this Logan" said the boy who he was previously arguing with. "I'm just gonna ask a few questions Micheal, no one's getting hurt" Logan spoke. "Need anything, Logan?" Max asked, raising one brow up. "I just want to ask a few questions..." Logan started, walking a few steps forward. "Go ahead" Max spoke. "Who are you? and why are you so close to Rachel?" he asked, eyes switching back and forth between Rachel and Max, eventually landing on their laced fingers. "Max, stop, it's not worth it" Rachel whispered, tugging on Max's hand. Logan, who was listening, found his answer. "Hm, Max. Your name sound oddly familiar..." he continued, deep in thought. "Oh, I know who you are. Max Mills, Rachel's ex. The ex, who ghosted her. the ex who—"

"Stop, stop right there" Max interrupted.

"The ex who swore that he'll talk to her all the time" Logan continued on, not knowing Max's growing anger.

Rachel that was quietly listening behind took notice of his. "Logan. Stop it." she joined in, standing in the middle of the two. "Oh, you're defending him now Rach? After what he's done to you?" he threatened.

"Yes, I'm defending him Logan, do you wanna know why?"

"Well, probably because he has poisoned that head—"

"No, he didn't. I'm defending him Logan because for the two years we were dating he showed me what love was. He showed me how a person should treat their significant other. Here I was thinking that maybe you'll be the one to show that, but no. You basically treated me like a rag doll. Sloppily going around with you" she snapped, looking at Logan dead straight into the eye. Before anything else could happen, Logan's friend dragged him away.

"You alright?" she asked Max, who was slowly calming down. "Yeah—yeah, I'm fine, let's go pay for these" he answered turning around.

The car ride back to Rachel's place was quiet. The two refusing to talk about what happened.

Opening the door, Max let Rachel in first which she mumbled a quiet 'thank you'. "Finally, you guys are back!" Harvey clapped. Setting everything down, the three friends noticed how Max and Rachel weren't sitting next to each other like how they usually do. Harvey did purposely leave the two-seater seat for the two. Not wanting to bother anything, they continued on with their movie night.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i don't really like how this chapter turned :/
but it's better than the previous ones i wrote for this chapter

i hope all of you are safe and are doing well

love lots <3