𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩

3 months later

Rolling to another side of the bed, Rachel opened her eyes only to yelp and scramble to the bottom of the bed. "Why'd you do that?" she asked, clutching her chest with her hand. "Sorry, I just couldn't wait to ask you a question" Emily answered, a smile forming onto her lips. A smile that's way too innocent for Rachel's liking. Narrowing her eyes at Emily, she stood up from her previous position of kneeling on the floor to sitting on the bed. "I have a feeling I already know this said question".

"So, when are you gon—"

"I'll tell him soon, alright Em? And I promise you, it's good" Rachel smiled. Emily gave her friend a questioning look but soon smiled upon seeing the happiness in Rachel's eyes.

*     *     *

Harvey laughed at the expression Max had. "You look like someone secretly ate all your bacon bits" gasped out Harvey, already starting his second laughing fit. "I just—" Max started, inhaling sharply and letting out a huge breath of air. "—just can't stop overthinking it, alright? I'm not even sure if she appreciates—"

"Woah! Woah there brother! You're thinking with your stupid head again, and, if I know Rachel, she sure appreciates everything you've done for her. In a second, she'll be by that door, knocking"

True to his brother's words, someone knocked on their door and Harvey stood up to answer it. "Hey Rach! Max's there, have a good day!" Harvey announced, giving Rachel a quick hug and leaving her to meet Max. "Hey..." she greeted, a smile plastered on her face. "Hey..." he smiled back. Max stood up opening his arms to engulf the girl into a hug. Wrapping her arms around his torso, she hummed in content and buried her face into Max's chest. "Someone's cuddly" Max chuckled, leaning back slightly to look at Rachel. "I just love your hugs" she beamed, making Max smile.

"Do you wanna go to the park?"

*     *     *

Hand and hand, Max and Rachel wandered around the park near their house. "You know, Emily asked me a question this morning" Rachel spoke, squinting her eyes slightly to look at Max and try to avoid the sunlight.

"Yeah? What'd you tell her?"

"Kind of kept the answer to myself?"

"Can I hear this answer at least?"

"Well, since you asked, the answer to your question is yes and the answer to Emily's question is yes"

"I am now very curious, what was Emily's question?"

"She asked me when will I say yes to you"

"Emily is ve—" Max stopped, staring out into the midst of the park. Rachel smirked, fully knowing why Max stopped dead in his tracks. "Wait so you—I—"

"Yes Max, yes!" She smiled, eyes filled with happiness and adoration. Max stared into her eyes, a wide smile plastered on his face. He picked up the girl and spun her around. Rachel giggled, placing her palms on Max's shoulder to keep her steady.

Max placed her firmly on the ground, their eyes still connected. As if their heads had magnets, they leaned in closer to each other and their lips were touching.

They pulled back, foreheads still resting on each other.

"You just made me the happiest man alive... again!"

"Man?" asked Rachel, making the two of them laugh in joy.

the end