Chapter 49: To The Kindergarten And Back

Your POV

After an explanation to the Zircons yesterday, Garnet shows them around town today and teach them about Earth.

Steven wakes up in the morning from the buzzing of his Cookie Cat™ alarm clock. He begins his morning routine at the kitchen sink, such as brushing his teeth, washing his face, and cleaning his ears.

He then dunks his head into the sink full of water to wash his head further. At that moment, Amethyst emerges through the Temple Gate and Pumpkin, barking excitedly, runs up to her. I was drinking coffee at the kitchen and resting against the kitchen counter.

Amethyst: Oooh, hey there, girl! *pets Pumpkin* Yo, Steven! This a bad time?

Steven: Of the three things I have to do in the sink now, this is the one I least mind you seeing.

Amethyst: Ugh, Peridot is still depressed all up in your B-room?

Steven: Yeah. She still hasn't gotten over Lapis leaving and taking the Barn with her into space. Y/N already did. I think she just... needs a little more time to herself?

Amethyst: Nope! That's it, we're getting her out.

Y/N: We need to get her to do something, something that would get her mind off some stuff

Steven: Wait, Amethyst! Y/N!

Me, Steven, and Amethyst opens the door to the bathroom.

Steven: Uhh... Peridot?

Somber country music is heard playing from Peridot's tablet on the sink, while Peridot lies hanging from the bathtub onto the floor, with puddles of water everywhere on the floor. Steven and Amethyst exchange worried looks, and Amethyst walks in while I followed her.

Steven: You... feeling any better?

Peridot: Uugghhh...

Y/N: That a no?

Amethyst pauses the music on Peridot's tablet.

Steven: So... Uhh what have you... been up to?

Peridot mumbles something onto the floor.

Steven: *walks over* I uhh... couldn't really hear you there.

Amethyst lifts Peridot's foot from the bathtub and flips her over to the floor, looking absolutely haggard.

Peridot: Nothing...

Y/N: You've been in this bathroom kind of a long time. Maybe you should get some fresh air.

Peridot: *in decrepit* ... What's the point?...

Steven: To feel better?

Amethyst: Come on, Peridot! I can't stand seeing you like this!

Peridot: Like what?...

Amethyst: Dude, let's just get out of the house. We could go check out my old Kindergarten. We met all those other Amethysts up in space, and they all came out of the same rock as me. I've been meaning to get a look at the old neighborhood now that I've met the neighbors.

Y/N: I'm down

Steven: That sounds fun. What do you say, Peridot?

Amethyst: You can make us feel dumb by telling us all the stuff we don't know!

Peridot: I miss that...

Amethyst: Great, it's settled! *picks Peridot up and hoists her over her shoulder* Let's get out of the bathroom.

Peridot: Can I bring my music?...

Amethyst: No.

Peridot: What about my Limb Enhancers?