Chapter 96: The Truth Of Everything

Ruby's POV

Currently, me and the rest of Team RWBY, JNPR, CFVY are taking a patrol around Vale. Ozpin said that there's been sightings of Beowolfs running around, scaring and terrorizing citizens. Strange, usually they would kill everything in sight.

Blake: Hey, Weiss?

Weiss: What?

Blake: Since Winter works in Atlas, mind telling us the reason why there's been a ridiculously large spike in the Grimm Activity?

Yang: Yeah. Why DID it spike up?

Weiss: I don't know, nor does Winter. Not even Ironwood. Atlas caught a few Grimm and examined their behaviors, they have shown increase of aggressiveness, and usually comes in large hordes, mostly 100 - 400, combinations of Ursas, Beowolfs, Nevermores, Creeps, Deathstalkers, and more...and we don't even know what's causing it...

Yang: So you're saying we're fighting blind? We don't know what their goal is, and we don't know who or what's responsible for all of this? Damn. We are fucked.

Velvet: Don't say that.

Ruby: Yeah! Velvet's right, you know? I mean, we still have Y/N. He'll help us fight back, I'm sure of it.

Jaune: As long as he doesn't bail on us, we're good.

Nora: That's Cardin's thing, Y/N in the other hand fights like a man! A Space Man!

Pyrrha: I'm with Nora in this one!

Coco: Me too!

Ruby: Me three!

Velvet: And me.

Weiss: *sigh* Speaking of Y/N, where is that twit?

???: AAAAAAHHHHHH!!! WATCH OUT!!!

All of us turned to where that voice came from and suddenly a blur passed us, it crashed to the nearby building, leaving a humanoid shaped hole on the wall, and out reached a hand, it was Y/N.

Y/N: Get out of the way!

All of us looked back, to see another Grimm Wyvern. There's more than one of these things?!

Your POV

Y/N: Get out of the way!

I said as I summoned my wings and I was covered in a bright light, I transformed into my form Astartes and I rammed the Wyvern in order to prevent it from harming the teams.

Solarion materialized in my hands and I stabbed the Wyvern in the head, I pushed it down even further and it reached it's brain, finally killing it. Both of us fell to the ground, and when we made it to the ground, a large layer of smoke covered the area.

Then the smoke starts to clear and I pulled out Solarion from the Wyvern. I was covered in a bright light again and I was back to my normal form, then I walked to the teams.

Y/N: You guys okay?

Nora: Okay?! That was awesome! Right, Ruby?!

Ruby: Yeah! He didn't stand a chance! The Wyvern, I mean.

Blake: Plus, you killed another one of the Wyverns.

Yang: Where have you been for the last couple of days?

Y/N: Fighting off a Grimm Horde at the Western Front of Vale. Along with Hunters and Huntresses. Something tells me that this won't be easy...

Weiss: What do you mean by that?

Y/N: Turns out, the horde was a diversion. The Wyvern was the one that was actually supposed to destroy Vale. Good thing I saw it heading for Vale.