Ch. 1

In all the years of his teaching, Shota Aizawa would have never guessed that one of his students could get injured so easily. Sure, he saw Izuku Midoriya, who will be referred to as the Problem Child from this moment onwards, get hurt almost daily. That was a commonplace now in his class, and a constant. It was expected, and now it had less of the pain to Shota to see his child hurt. But, of course, like the rest of his life, the unexpected happened. 

His top student combat wise, came in with a limp. It was crazy, Shota knew, to expect the kid not to get hurt, but this was on a Monday morning. He hadn't seen him all weekend, which was expected for a teacher, but there was no mandatory training. The kid had no reason to get hurt outside of school! 

As per usual, the skeptical teacher began analyzing all his options for how an extremely athletic, smart student got injured. One possibility, Shota began wondering, was he got mugged. No, that was out of the question. The kid had his provisional license, he could take any sort of common street scum. Was one of his classmates hurting him? Plausible, Shota didn't have his eyes on them at ALL times, because he was only human. But then, which of the students could potentially hurt the almost invincible Shoto Todoroki?

Again, Shota began listing his options. At the top of his--very short--list was Katsuki Bakugou, the resident bombshell of his class. The kid was prone to threatening his classmates. But no, that wasn't a possibility either. Bakugou was way too smart to leave any visible injuries. Plus, the kid also knew that he would get expelled if he actually hurt any of his classmates. 

Shota scanned the class, trying to discern if any of them would know anything. If, potentially, the perpetrator was not in this class, then were they in one of the other classes? The older students could potentially be picking on Shoto, but that was highly unlikely. As stated before, UA has high expectations for their students, thus bullying was not tolerated and would result in expulsion. Then again, there was one student that was known for tormenting Shota's class. 

The kid's name was Neito Monoma. He was a menace, and Shota was not using the term lightly. Monoma took every chance he had to verbally harass Class 1-A, and everyone scorned him for it. But, as had been for the last few potentials cause for this anomaly, he was knocked off the list. The kid was all talk, and had almost no chance of actually causing damage. Shota actually wondered how he managed to get into UA, because his quirk, though useful in theory, can be a major disadvantage should he not know how to use it. 

Anyways, if it wasn't a student at the school, the question still stands. How, by all means, did Shoto Todoroki manage to hurt himself?