Ch. 3

The strangeness Shota had witnessed continued into the next day. Yet again, the dual quirk user was hurt. This time, along with the (now more obvious) limping, he had a bandage on his right cheek. This was getting curiouser and curiouser every day. It made Shota question how long he had been going, covering up his injuries. He wondered how long this had been going on, if he had been hiding this for as long as Shota suspected.

The boy in question took his seat in the back, while hushed whispers were heard all across the classroom. "What happened to Todoroki?" "Is he okay?" "Since when does he get hurt?"

The questions were obviously becoming more prominent, and that irked Shota. The one thing he knew not to do, was draw attention to the injuries. Not only was it embarrassing for teens, it would cause, if there was anything going on behind the scenes, the child to try even harder to hide it. That was the last thing Shota wanted, especially now.

"Okay, settle down, everyone." He said firmly, knowing the class would listen to that. As expected, they did. He proceeded to explain the lesson plans for today, before switching with Hizashi Yamada for the first class of the day. He went, as he normally did, to the teacher's lounge for his coffee and a nap. As per usual, he didn't get the nap he so desperately craved.

In came the man, the myth, the legend himself, All Might. In Shota's humble opinion, the Number One hero was extremely overrated. And that was due to the fact that he was (super)human, like the rest of the population. Underneath the bulky exterior, was a skeleton like man, an average person. Not to mention that here, at U.A. High, he was on an equal level as Shota.

Instead of the usual fanfare that came with All Might, he was quiet, seemingly exhausted. The first thing that the legend did, was get a cup of coffee. "How does everyone have this much energy this early in the morning?" The hero groaned, sipping at his mug of black coffee.

"I dunno," Shota replied, shuffling through the papers piled on his desk. "By the way, have you noticed anything...strange about the Todoroki boy?"

"Actually, yes." All Might responded. "He seems to be....injured more frequently these days. It's unusual, considering that it never happens during our training exercises."

Shota hummed, taking note of that mentally. So he wasn't the only person noticing it. If it wasn't happening during class, as he already deduced, then it had to be happening somewhere else. But where?