17

Shota Aizawa never thought he would be in the courtroom for the second time in two weeks.

Aizawa took a deep breath and slid the completed forms over to the clerk and the filing fee. He had already told Todoroki, who had consented to it.

He, Todoroki, and Rei were escorted to the courtroom where Judge Momiji was sitting at the desk.

"Welcome back, Mr. Aizawa, Shoto, and Mrs. Todoroki. You're here to transfer guardianship, correct?" The judge said, smiling at them. Aizawa nodded his head. Judge Momiji passed over some papers for Aizawa to sign. Aizawa briefly scanned them over, before signing and passing them back.

"Congratulations, I declare you Shoto's legal guardian. You can go now." Judge Momiji said, shooing them out.

Aizawa noticed the kid looking at him while they exited the courthouse.

"What, kid?"

Then, Todoroki hugged him. "Thank you, Mr. Aizawa."

Aizawa rested a hand on the back of his head and smiled to himself.

"I had to do this, kid. It's my responsibility as your teacher to keep you safe." Aizawa said.

"I also thank you, Mr. Aizawa. It's because of you that our family is safe from Endeavor's grasp." Rei said, smiling.

"Of course. I'll take care of this kid, no matter what," Aizawa said, ruffling Todoroki's hair, to which the said boy looked annoyed at.

They dropped Rei off at the hospital--she was going to be discharged soon to live with Fuyumi--and made their way back to U.A.

"I'm proud of you, kid. You made through this like a champ." Aizawa said, giving Todoroki a glance. The boy was looking out the window at the changing landscape.

The end of one chapter of Todoroki's life, the beginning of another.

~Fin~

So, this is the end of the MAIN story. There will be offspring chapters coming soon, such as Aizawa's finding out the truth of Todoroki and Midoriya's relationship, holidays, etc. I hope you enjoyed the main story!

~FannGurl22