13

Shota Aizawa has a weakness for crying children. (Not that he'd ever admit it.)

When he got an alert from one of the security robots that there was someone outside of the 1-A dorm, he thought it was Midoriya and Bakugou AGAIN. (If it was them again, he was going to seriously EXPEL them this time.)

He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes as he got closer. A lone figure was sitting on the ground in front of the building. Aizawa got concerned when he saw a familiar head of dual-colored hair.

He cautiously sat down next to Todoroki and put a hand gently on his back.

The dual-quirk wielder flinched at the contact.

Aizawa removed his hand. "Kid?" Aizawa asked.

A soft sniffle came from the boy. That's when it dawned on Aizawa. Todoroki was crying. Todoroki, the calm, collected student who was powerful as heck, was sitting outside, vulnerable. Alone.

Sure, he'd seen the boy break down once, but this was different. He couldn't quite put his finger on why, but it was different.

Aizawa saw the soft shaking of the boy's shoulders. He stood up, and moved to crouch in front of Todoroki.

"Todoroki, look at me. I want you to take a deep breath. I'll do it with you," Aizawa said softly. He took a breath, and saw the boy take a shuddering breath. He prompted the boy to do it again, until he managed to even out his breathing.

Once the boy was a little bit calmer, Aizawa began his prodding.

"Todoroki, can you tell me why I found you out here at," Aizawa looked at his watch, "One in the morning?"

"He-he was coming," Todoroki said with a sniffle.

"Hey, I get it. You were scared. You're still scared. And you have every right to be. You've lived with him your whole life, and went through things no kid should have to. Nobody blames you. If anybody does, they're a dumbass." Aizawa said.

(A/N Apologies for the slight swearing)

Another sniffle was heard.

"But my mom..." Todoroki said.

"As I've said, we'll make sure you can see her, even if this means us teachers have to pay for her medical bills. You're not going to go through this alone, not anymore." Aizawa said, putting his hands on the half and half child's shoulders. "It's ok to let down your walls when you're here at U.A., we're looking out for your well being. I promise, anything said to me, stays between you and me."

The boy nodded.

"Now, do you want to go back to your room, or do you want to sleep in the common area?" Aizawa asked with a small smile.

"My room," Todoroki said, standing up.

Aizawa walked the boy to his room quietly, because he could sense the boy wanted it that way.

Once the boy was in his room, and Aizawa heard the click of a lock, he allowed himself to breathe.

Next on his list of things to do: get one last solid piece of evidence before taking Endeavor to court.