12

Shota Aizawa never thought he would have to pretty much adopt the kid until the matters were sorted out. Correction--yes, yes he did.

Standing outside of Endeavor's house, holding the frail, tattered kid, and calling Hizashi for a ride, AND keeping himself from blinking while they put Endeavor in quirk-canceling cuffs, Aizawa became the MASTER of multitasking.

The kid was crying, holding on to his shirt.

"Shh...it's ok, kid. You're safe now." Aizawa said, waiting for Hizashi to pick up the phone.

"He-He'll take her away..." Todoroki sobbed quietly, burying his face in Aizawa's shirt, soaking it with tears.

"Take who away, kid?" Aizawa asked.

"M-My mom....I got to visit her unless I trained with him after visiting her." the kid said softly.

"I'll make sure you get to see your mom," Aizawa said softly, holding the kid closer.

"Shota? What is it?" the sleepy voice of Hizashi Yamada came through.

"I need a ride." Aizawa said, giving him the address, which was 30 minutes away from the school.

Thirty minutes later, Hizashi pulled up in an inconspicuous black SUV. Aizawa laid the kid in the back seat, and instructed him to put on the seatbelt.

Aizawa took his position in the passenger front seat, and instructed Hizashi to go.

The drive back to the school seemed longer than it actually was.

They made it to U.A. and brought Todoroki back to the 1-A Height's Alliance dorm.

Aizawa laid Todoroki on the couch, and made sure he was asleep, before silently texting the rest of his class that he needed them to stay in their dorms until he said otherwise.

An hour later, Todoroki woke up.

"A-Aizawa-sensei?" Todoroki yawned.

"Hey, kid. You feel good?" Aizawa asked, kneeling in front of the couch.

"Y-Yea...he's not gonna hurt me, is he??" The kid said, sitting up in a panic.

Aizawa pushed him back into a lying position. "You're safe, kid. He's far, far away from U.A., from you."

"Y-You're sure?" Todoroki asked nervously.

"Positive," Aizawa said softly, a smile gracing his face.

"Where's everyone else?" Todoroki asked.

"I'll text them to come down and see you." Aizawa said, picking up his phone and going to the class 1-A group chat.

He heard the elevator ding, and the whole class came out of the elevator, as if they were expecting them to be back.

A lot of excited "Todoroki!"s were heard.

The class chattered with excitement, wondering how he got back this early if he was training.

Aizawa gave them his "shut up" glare, and they silenced immediately.

"It's a sore subject." Aizawa said, still giving them his signature glare.

They rolled their eyes, and kept talking amongst themselves, some gravitating towards the kitchen to cook, others going to do laundry, all in all going about their normal business.

Well, until Kaminari and Sero did something stupid. But, yep, all in all normal.