Ch. 5.5

In all the time Shota had been alive, he'd always had a soft spot for cats. They were fuzzy and quiet and not much work, perfect for him. Of course, this came with downsides too. Mostly, the shedding. He HATED the shedding because it got everywhere. That was no exaggeration, too. The last time he had a cat when he was thirteen, it was a white one. Cute, but got his black clothes filled with white fur. That bothered him more than anything.

He swore, he used at least ten lint rollers because of all the stupid fur. Otherwise, he loved the cat with all of his being. Eventually, Shota grew up and the cat had passed. Now, Shota had a husband and an adopted daughter. He thought there was no room in their small apartment for a cat.

He thought wrong.

One day, on the way home from U.A. and picking Eri, their daughter, up from school, Hizashi* noticed a small scraggly kitten on the side of the road. He pulled over the car, much to Shota's dismay. Hizashi got out of the car, and brought the kitten over to the car. "Don't bring it in here, it could have fleas." Shota (tried to) reasoned.

"But Shota..." Hizashi whined, holding the kitten from the base of it's front paws. "Bring a blanket over here, we'll wrap it up then give it a flea dip once we get home!"

"Fine." Shota brought the extra blanket they left in the car for emergencies to Hizashi. They wrapped the kitten in the blanket, and Shota held it while Hizashi drove. In the back, Eri bounced in her seat.

"We're getting a cat???" Eri asked excitedly. "Can we name it Mr. Snuggles? Pleaaaase?"

"Fine." Shota relented.

And so, the happy little family got a cat named Mr. Snuggles.