16

Shota Aizawa HATED wearing suits, but it was a necessary burden.

As Aizawa sat with Momo Yaoyorozu, Midoriya, Ochako Uraraka, and Tenya Iida in the front of the gallery, as both moral support for the youngest Todoroki and waiting to be called up. On the other side of Aizawa sat Fuyumi, Natsuo Todoroki, and Rei. Behind them was Principal Nezu, Toshinori, and some of the other teachers.

"All rise for the honorable Judge Momiji Heiwa ," the bailiff said, and they all stood.

The judge, a tall woman with blonde hair and blue eyes came walking down. She stepped up and sat behind the bench.

"All but the jury may be seated." The judge said.

Everyone, besides the jury, sat down.

The bailiff swore in the jury, and they were seated.

"Members of the jury, your duty today will be to determine whether the defendant is guilty or not guilty based only on facts and evidence provided in this case. The prosecution has the burden of proving the guilt of the defendant beyond a reasonable doubt. This burden remains on the prosecution through the trial. The prosecution must prove that a crime was committed and that the defendant is the person who committed the crime. However, if you are not satisfied of the defendant's guilt to that extent, then reasonable doubt exists and the defendant must be found not guilty. Mr. Hōritsu, what is today's case?" Judge Momiji asked.

The bailiff, Mr. Hōritsu, a short man with black hair and a mustache with beady black eyes. "Your honor, today's case is U.A. High School versus the Number One Pro Hero Endeavor."

"Is the prosecution ready?" Judge Momiji asked.

John stood up. "Yes your honor," He said.

"Is the defense ready?" The judge asked.

Endeavor's attorney, a tall man with pale brown hair and cruel brown eyes stood up. "Yes your honor," He said.

John was up first to give opening statements. "Your honor, members of the jury, my name is John J. Smith, and I and my classmates are representing U.A. High in this case. We intend to prove that the Number One Pro Hero Endeavor was abusing his own son, Todoroki Shoto."

Next was Endeavor's attorney's turn.

"Your honor, members of the jury, my name is Shi Seishin, and I and my classmates are representing Endeavor in this case. We intend to prove that Endeavor was not abusing his own son."

"Prosecution, you may call your first witness." Judge Momiji said.

"Thank you, your honor. I call to the stand Todoroki Fuyumi."

"Will the witness please stand to be sworn in by the bailiff?" The judge asked.

Fuyumi stood up. The bailiff turned to her. "Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?"

"I do," Fuyumi said, and walked to the stand.

"Fuyumi, you witnessed the abuse, correct?" John said.

"Yes, sir." Fuyumi replied.

"Do you mind describing to us about what you saw and or heard?"

"Well, when I was 12 and Shoto was 4, his quirk developed. If you do not already know, it's called Half Hot Half Cold. When that happened, my older brother Toya tried to make him hide it, because Toya went through the same exact thing Shoto was about to.

"Well, our father came into the room. Shoto, not knowing any better, showed him his quirk, hoping to impress him. I remember my father smiling a cruel, cold smile.