6. Past the Moon Beyond the Stars

As soon as Swarnima left Abhedya left too. On a bench, in a park, he saw Swarnima sitting. She removed her specs put her elbows on her knees rested her face on her palms looking absolutely angelic without her specs which hide her beautiful eyes. Abhedya was admiring her from afar when a tear that fell from her eye pained his heart. He wanted to go and comfort her and mend things but Swarnima left quickly so he quietly followed her.

Swarnima parked her cycle and went inside her building when an aged lady came to her and said something hearing which Swarnima ran to her home and came back quickly to the lady with an oxygen pump and gave puffs to the old man after which he was somewhat normal.
Abhedya could see Swarnima was a kind, caring and a beautiful person whom he said hurtful words.

He went towards her apartment before Swarnima comes, to surprise her with ice cream, he brought for her to cheer her. But the moment he entered her house it started beeping "trespasser!! Beware!!"

Swarnima ran to her house and Abhedya got a bit scared. Swarnima's face paled seeing Abhedya there but she quickly turned off the alarm with her phone and took a deep breath.

"Wow! you a have a hi-tech house," Abhedya commented in appreciation.

"Umm... I stay alone so yeah it is essential," replied a nervous Swarnima. "What brings you here, sir?"

"I am here to.. umm... you know why I am here!" Abhedya answered in a manifested tone.

Swarnima gave him a confused look so Abhedya inhaled deeply and confessed, " look, I hated what happened earlier and I am feeling extremely guilty, which normally I don't...umm... you see I never do anything to feel guilty. You, know what I mean? So, yeah... I came to apologise and I am ready for any punishment." Abhedya couldn't believe he asked for punishment but what he did with Swarnima he sure deserved one.

Swarnima listened to him then after a few seconds gave a small laugh. "I told you there was nothing you need to apologise for. What Adah said was not your fault and you do not deserve any punishment for sure."
Swarnima assured with a smile.

"But there is one thing I sure need to fix," saying which he delicately held her hand made her sit on one of the chairs. "You have an ointment?"
Swarnima had butterflies in her stomach for two reasons one, Abhedya was in her house, second, he held her hand so delicately that she was losing her senses.

" I asked you something, Swarnima?" Abhedya repeated.

She withdrew her hand and mustered the courage to say, "its okay sir. I will do it myself."

"Why can't you ever agree to me at once? Why do you act so pricey?" Abhedya sounded a little annoyed.

Swarnima got up smiling goofily and went inside a room taking deep breaths. It was like a dream to her. But she quickly grabbed the ointment and applied it on her hand. She reached the living room and showed her hand to Abhedya which now had ointment.

Abhedya chuckled and asked, "okay! madam so now that you have done the needful I should go."

Swarnima so wanted to stop him and ask him to stay 'forever' but she nodded her head in approval.

"You definitely are a terrible host Swarnima. You haven't asked me water, leave aside tea or coffee" Abhedya commented. Well, he just wanted to stay and talk to her 'what' never mattered.

"Umm... sir, it is a bit too late for tea coffee it's almost dinner time but yes I'll just get water," Swarnima was about to get water when Abhedya again held her hand and specified, "I like my water black with coffee."

"What is it, sir? Is there anything you really want to talk?" Swarnima left to get black coffee for him without waiting for his reply.

Swarnima was steaming the water lost in her thoughts when Abhedya came and confessed, "I myself don't know what I want to talk to you and what makes me come to you considering I never 'never ever' have gone apologising... hell!!  ever felt the need to admit it's my fault. With you, there is definitely something different. 'What it is' I don't know. Maybe because you are different from the girls I have ever met or maybe because you resemble someone I knew..."