44. Courage

Swarnima told Nandini she didn't find anything suitable and will wear whatever Nandini decides for her.
Pink was her favourite colour and honestly, the dress Abhedya picked for her she loved it. She was a rock but deep inside she was also a girl. A girl who had to forgo all her choices and desires for the throne.

They paid the hefty bill and left. Nandini had some other work so she left from there and Abhedya and Swarnima left for home.

While they were in the crowded elevator a sexy and hot blonde girl entered. She stood next to Abhedya and the quick exchange of glances proceeded to them standing close and in a few seconds almost in each other's arms. Abhedya just wanted to show Swarnima it was casual flirting and that's normal with the youth.

A group of boys entered the elevator adding to more crowd. One of the boys stood behind Swarnima, a little too close to her comfort. Swarnima kept shifting in the front but the lack of space made it difficult for her to escape the indecency. She shifted towards Abhedya who thought she was getting jealous (finally because of his closeness to someone else.) So, he turned his back and stood face to face with the other girl, leaving Swarnima to face the problem alone.
Swarnima felt something poking behind her. A boy was poking his hardened manhood purposely. Swarnima kept shifting but bumped in other people. The feeling was disgusting.

"Stay away! Keep distance." Swarnima shouted at her highest pitch. The elevator stopped and most of the people got down.
Abhedya's diverted focus now shifted back to Swarnima.

"Ooo Madam! The lift was crowded. Have you come for the first time? Everyone was stuck." The boy smirked stating his reason.

Abhedya took Swarnima to a side and said, "Relax! The elevator was crowded. Standing close is the only option."

Swarnima was shocked by Abhedya's reaction. She pushed Abhedya back and slapped the boy who behaved indecently. He was shocked. How could a girl slap? He felt insulted and his friends charged on Swarnima. Abhedya came to the scene and hit them. The war was won but the police came.
The boys who lay on the floor by the punches that Swarnima and Abhedya gave them ran to the police and narrated the way they were slaughtered.

The police questioned Swarnima and Abhedya, "You can be arrested for this Miss, it was a crowded place and the touching was not intentional but the way you beat the boys is a criminal offence and no act of self-defence. So, I will have to take you to the police station. Please co-operate."

"Look officer, before you side with those boys because they were beaten, please care to check the CCTV footage. I am sure it will give you enough proof whether it was intentional or accidental." Swarnima ordered the police with so much authority and conviction in her voice that they all went to the CCTV room to check the footage.

"Nim relax!! The elevator was crowded you need to understand such things happen. There was no need to enter into a fight. Now, see the police is involved." Abhedya tried to explain Swarnima.

"Mistake? Seriously!! His manhood was poking me! You call that a 'mistake'?" Swarnima told Abhedya in a tone that was full of anger and disgust.

Abhedya widened his eyes and fumed, "What did you say? What did he do? Why didn't you tell me in the lift? I was right there and you didn't tell me? These rascals are so dead now!"

"You were busy." Swarnima looked straight into Abhedya's eyes and accused him in a calm tone which was scary.

"Busy? I was just..." Abhedya tried to reason.

But Swarnima cut him and explained to him, "When I shifted towards you... you turned your back to me. I kept shifting here and there. You were oblivious."