A Letter

~Y/n POV~ 

I woke up at 8 am, a usual time to wake up. I brushed my hair, got dressed and walked downstairs. My dad was lying on the couch reading a book. 

"Hey Y/n," He said looking up at me. He was never good with the whole parental talk sort of thing. "What do you want for breakfast? I already had some french toast, do you want french toast?" He asked. 

"Sure," I said. My face, even after washing it was stained with tears. 

"Let me go talk to Alice," He said getting up. He came back about a minute later and motioned me to sit down next to him. 

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He asked. I shook my head.

"Do you like him?" He asked. I nodded my head. 

"Ya know, Thomas bottles in his emotions, especially after his wife was shot," He said. 

"Thomas's wife was shot?!" I asked. 

"Yeah, on their wedding night. He was 19, she was 39 and someone broke into their house. She was shot in the head," My dad sighed. 

"That's awful," I said. My dad nodded. "Ya know I've never really been good with the whole father daughter talk, I didn't know how to console you about your emotions after your mother died. I guess that's why I let Hamilton take care of you." 

"I know Dad, I kinda figured that out," I said. 

"Do you have any plans for later today?" He asked. 

"No, I was thinking of taking Winnie out on a ride," I said. Winnie was my horse. 

"Oh ok. I was going to have lunch at Madison's house. He said you were invited if you wanted to come," My dad said. 

"No I'll just stay home," I said. Alice called me into the dinning room with breakfast. 

~Time skip~ 

My dad had just left for Madison's and I was changing into my riding clothes when there was a knock at my bedroom door. 

"Ms. Washington, there is a letter for you," Alice called. 

"Ok, I'll be there in a minute," I said. I opened the door and Alice handed me the letter. I closed it and sat on my bed. 

To: Ms. Y/n Washington 

From: Thomas Jefferson 

Oh shit it was from Thomas. I slowly opened the letter. 

Dear Ms. Y/n Washington, 

I have never been good at apologies, and frankly I don't like to apologize, but after what happened yesterday I felt the need to give one of my rare apologies to you. It was funny, last night at approximately 2:23 in the A.M, your good friend Alexander Hamilton came to visit. He told me had known you since you were five, I mean I met you when you were four, but I didn't really care or like children that much back then. He told me that before I threw the wine glass at you, you said you liked me. Ah my dearest, Y/n my actions yesterday are understandably unforgivable. I believe I got mad at you cause I thought you were rejecting me, but in reality you didn't want people to think I was using you to get to your father. The truth is Y/n you make my heart flutter, you make me feel a way I have never felt before, even when I was married. After you rejected me I drowned my sorrows in a bottle of wine, and then two more when I got home. What I guess I am trying to say is...I  Thomas Jefferson am sorry and I want to make it up to you. So tonight I am making dinner at 6 pm, it would mean the world to me if you were there. I understand if you don't want to come and don't bother writing a letter in response since it wouldn't get here in time. But it would mean the world if you could come. 

Sincerely 

--T. Jefferson

Well I guess I'm going to dinner with Thomas Jefferson tonight.