He Was Here

The carriage ride back to Monticello was just as bumpy as the carriage ride to New York. Even more snow was falling on the ground, meaning we were probably going to have two feet of snow on the ground by the end of the day. Luckily it was only noon and I would get to see my beloved Thomas soon. The carriage pulled up to Monticello. A servant opened the door and took my coat, I walked up the stairs. 

"Thomas, honey I'm home!" I called out. No answer. Was he okay? I slowly walked towards his office. I called his name out again, no answer. I quickly flung open the door to his office and what I saw could not of been predicted. 

Thomas was on the floor sobbing. Papers were strewn everywhere and all over the walls the words "She's mine" were written in black ink. I quickly rushed to Thomas's side. 

"Tommy what happened!" I exclaimed. I pulled him into my arms. There was an envelope in his hands. He handed it to me. 

"He-he was here," he managed to say in between sobs. 

"Who was here Tommy?" I asked. 

"Finley! I went to go eat lunch and I came back to find my office like this!" He yelled. I looked at the letter. 

To: Ms. Y/n Washington, soon to be Ms. Y/n Wolf 

From: Finley

"Do you want me to read it?" I asked. Thomas nodded. I ripped open the letter and read it aloud. 

Dear Y/n and Thomas, 

As you know, the police are after me. They claim I tried to murder people at your party, but we all know that didn't happen. I was just trying to get my rightful girlfriend to come with me. I know both of you want to see me rot in jail, and I want to toy with you, but how am I to toy with you if you haven't a clue where I am? Well the poem below contains 5 clues as to my location. Figure out the clues and you will find me, and if you find me I will gladly go to jail because I'll be on my death bed by the time you figure it out! 

Xoxo, 

Finley Wolf

"Read the poem!" Thomas practically yelled. I looked at the bottom of the page and read. 

My adopted home stands at it's highest 7,713 feet, but you will never beat the breeze so dip in the Atlantic Ocean if you please. For almost 600 years they've been trotting around. As the lavender blooms in their walls, but don't get lost if the Tagus calls. 

Thomas and I re-read the poem over and over again, desperate to understand anything it meant. 
"All I can figure out is that it's been around for 600 years," Thomas sighed, "and a lot of things have been around for 600 years." 

"It's okay Tommy, we'll figure it out. You go back to work next week and Alexander and my father can help," I said. 

"Okay Kitten, we're going to catch this son of a bitch." 

A/n sorry this chapter is short, I needed another filler chapter since I am building up to the wedding which will be in the next couple chapters. Also if any of you guys can figure out what the poem is talking about I will be extremely impressed, like very much impressed. Anyway have a great rest of your day and thank you for reading! Also remember to keep social distancing so we can beat COVID-19

--Roxie_and_Velma