twelve

"Hey, noodles," Daniel greeted as Jack came into the living room. 

"Hey," Jack replied, "You still wanna know how it went with Fayette?"

"Who's Fayette?" Zach asked, placing himself into their conversation.

"It's Faye, dumbass. Her name is Fayette but I shortened it," Jack explained.

"Oh! That makes sense," Zach said, "So, what about her?"

"Did the whole 'showing your face' situation go well?" Daniel asked.

"It went better than 'well'. She showered me in compliments and then somehow we ended up having this really deep conversation and she told me if I ever needed anything that I could count on her," Jack told his two friends.

"See! I told you it would go just fine!" Daniel shouted.

"Can we see her?" Zach asked.

"I guess, hold on," Jack said, grabbing his phone out of his pocket, "This is the picture that she sent me."

"Woah..." Zach said, taking Jack's phone to get a better look at her. Daniel peered over Zach's shoulder to look at the photo as well.

"You guys would make really cute kids," Daniel said as if it were a well known thing.

"Kids?! Jesus guys, she my friend! How many time am I going to have to tell you that!" 

"I'm just saying, she's attractive, you're attractive, you're kids would be cute," Daniel said, "Not to mention how cute of a couple you guys would be."

"Hey, can I have her Instagram?" Zach asked, not listening to Daniel and Jack's current discussion. 

"Just scroll down in the messages, her handle is there somewhere" Jack told him, not looking away from Daniel.

"Just saying,"Daniel said, putting his hands up in defensive.

"HA! She said I was the cutest!" Zach shouted when he saw the text Fayette had sent Jack earlier.

"Hey! I thought you were looking for her Instagram!" Jack said.

"I was, but then I got sidetracked," Zach told him, handing Jack his phone back.

"You guys can follow her on whatever platform you want just make sure you don't mention how you know her. So like, don't comment things that would lead to someone thinking that you knew her as anything more than someone on Instagram," Jack ordered.

"Why?" Zach asked as he looked for Fayette's account.

"She gets a lot of hate, and I don't want her to get more," Jack admitted.

"Why does she get so much hate?" Daniel asked.

"She used to date this singer, I'm not sure the exact reason for all of it, I guess some people just don't like her," Jack said.

"I found her account!" Zach announced.

"Good for you," Daniel said.

"I'm going back upstairs. You guys can obsess over her as much as you want," Jack told them before going back to his room. He fell onto his bed and went on his phone. He went to text Fayette, but it pretty late where she was. So instead, he checked his Instagram. The first thing to appear on his feed was Fayette's account, but it wasn't Fayette in the photo.