thirty eight

After his conversation with Faye, Jonah decided he needed to do something. A couple months ago, Jack had admitted that he had feelings for Fayette. He didn't want to feel that way, but he did. After meeting Luna, his feelings for Fayette died down. They soon became a distant memory, but not to Daniel and Jonah. Zach and Corbyn had forgotten about the whole incident, despite Zach being the one who got Jack to admit it in the first place. Jonah hadn't forgotten, and now that Faye had admitted her feelings, Jonah was determined to make "Jayette" a concept.

Jonah walked around the house until he spotted Jack outside on his phone. Jonah wasn't going to tell Jack anything that Fayette had just told him, but he was going to get some answers.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Jonah asked as he took a seat next to Jack.

"Just scrolling through Insta," Jack answered, simply.

"You remember a little while back when you said you liked Faye?" Jonah asked, using a tone of voice that made it seem as though he was remembering a funny memory.

Jack laughed a little and shook his head, "Yeah, I remember. It's so weird to think I felt that way about one of my best friends. I'm glad that phase is over."

"Do you ever wonder if you still might have feelings for her?" Jonah wondered.

"No, after I met Luna all those thoughts and feelings just kinda vanished," Jack shrugged. Jack was lying and he knew it. He just didn't know what he was lying about, or why.

"I see, I'm glad you have Luna," Jonah said.

"Yeah," Jack replied. On any other day, he probably would have responded with "me too" or "I know", but something about the whole conversation made Jack wonder if he really was lucky to have her. Of course he liked her, but the discussion was about Fayette, and that just made him unable to say that, he too, felt that he was indeed lucky to have Luna. Jack was going to start making his relationship with Luna public, but now he wasn't so sure he wanted to.

"Aight, well I'm gonna go get Chipotle for dinner. What do you want?" Jonah asked, standing up and pulling out his phone.

"I'll just have whatever Zach gets," Jack answered. His mind was a mess right now and he didn't have the power to think of Chipotle's menu. Jonah nodded and walked away, smiling to himself. He could see that he had made Jack confused, and to him, that was a good sign. He could tell that Jack wasn't sure if he had actually gotten over Fayette. Now all Jonah needed to do was to get Jack to realize that liking Faye wasn't just 'a phase'.