Rivals - Chapter 3

The school bell rang through the hallways as groans and complaints were thrown back at it. Lunch period was over and the girls were rushing over to their lockers to gather their necessary items for their next subjects. Sunset and Fluttershy had chemistry, Twilight and Rarity had Cooking, while Applejack, Pinkie and Rainbowdash had Physical Education next. AJ and RD high-fived, while also glaring at each other. Pinkie giggled. It had been three years since these two friends met, and ever since the start both of them had been challenging each other. They could barely agree on who was the strongest, the sportiest, the longest runner or simply - the best at anything. Both were really close, yet they were life-long rivals. Crazy relationship, huh?
Last month, Rainbowdash pulled a prank on AJ by sticking an airhorn underneath her seat in Computer class. She was the first to reach the classroom, and she decided to have a little fun on that day. She had been bored to death both during lessons and at home. The results were embarrassing for poor AJ, however, RD was the only one in the room having a good laugh at it.
Another time, Applejack tried to plot her 'revenge'. She snuck a chicken into the school and placed it in Rainbowdash's locker, which was left unlocked because the girl is a forgetful goldfish. The inside of the locker was untidy and messy. Homework was scattered around, substitute tennis rackets seemed like they were just thrown in there without a care in the world. A soccer ball rolled out and landed on the floor, exerting a loud 'bonk', which almost blew AJ's cover.
AJ snickered as she ducked in the girls' bathroom and peered behind the door, where she could get a good view of Dash's locker. She could never forget the girly scream Rainbowdash let out when she opened her locker.

In the girls' locker room, the girls were changing into their gym attire. Trixie, the cocky wannabee student of their class, took a sip of water to refresh for the lesson. "Oof!" another girl, who went by the name of Muffins, smashed into her. Trixie showed a disgusted look in her face. "Look what you've done, Derpy! Now I'm all wet!" Almost the entire school called Muffins 'Derpy', as she was known for her clumsiness and constant daydreaming. "Ooh.. I'm so sorrryy..."
Nonetheless, nobody in the room cared about the incident. It occurs naturally, so they just shrugged it off and continued doing their own business.
"Hey Trixie, try bein' a little less harder on Muffins now, will ya?" AJ advised, walking over to Trixie while taking out a packet of tissue paper. "Excuse me, she's the one to blame for this mess!"
"Sure, but, what if you were her and you accidentally bumped into someone?" AJ spoke, picking up Trixie's water bottle from the floor.
"While, but I'm not anything like Derpy.." the light blue girl protested.
AJ could tell that she was starting to feel sympathetic.
"Just forgive her, she apologised now didn't she?" The cowgirl said, as if the was a mother to Trixie. Applejack was a mature student who would go out of her way to help others and give her friends a shoulder to lean on.
"Alright, lets get to the Indoor Sports Hall. We're running late!"
Trixie nodded, and left.

Just as AJ turned around to follow behind, she saw a blue blur coming at her. "Wh-" Before she could even react, she was already tackled to the ground. Stunned, the cowgirl looked up and saw Rainbowdash on top of her, arms separated by AJ's head, trying to support their owner. Dash eyes opened wide, face as red as a cherry. Non of them said anything, both were in shock as they continued staring at each other for another minute. Rainbowdash got a close up of AJ's face, she noticed the freckles, cute tiny freckles. She glanced over at the girl's emerald's eyes. She never realised how beautiful they were. The shining eyes, filled with magic and life.
RD shook her head as she snapped back to the current situation. She got off AJ awkwardly and stretched her hand out to offer her friend support. "S-sorry, Apples," Dash looked at the ground beneath her feet. They were shiny and reflective. AJ noticed it too. "I understand.. ya must've slipped on the wet floor," AJ replied with a flustered face, while grabbing onto Dash's hand, fingers intertwined.
Her hand was so soft, yet it also felt strong. She pulled her up with no problem. Their fingers unattached and hands separated. Eventually, AJ blinked. She wanted to hold them for a little longer, she wanted to dance with her all night long.
The daydreaming cowgirl slapped herself mentally.(How do you do that?)
"We.. should get to PE now," Dash said, breaking the silence once again. This time, the silence of love. "Coach Spitfire's gonna be mad."
"O-oh yea! C'mon RD, let's go."
The girls darted off towards the indoor stadium, knowing damn while they were going to be there just in time. Just in time to get a shelling by the scariest coach ever to exist.
However, the thought of the incident that had just happened placed a smile on their faces.