~Chapter 12~:{who are you guys?}

Kenji's pov:

After the incident with kai and his sister I ended up in the hospital for a couple of days,I wasn't hurt or anything I was just having trouble with my body in the inside as In basically I haven't been able take care of it like I'm supposed to. I guess worrying about the others left me to stop worrying about myself in a way and I had lost an large amount of weight along with not being able to use my actual quirk properly. So when I had lost control I used up a lot of energy and had passed out and hadn't woke up till two days later.

When the others came to visit I had to explain to emi about what had really happened. She only recently joined the group when she had transferred,you would be surprised how many kids were transferred to here over the span of the year.

But to be honest she didn't take the whole news easily. Definitely not like the others did..then again she had to see it first hand and even at its worst point.. I don't think she quite liked the idea at first but I knew she would understand eventually at least hopefully she would.

besides all that we were informed that luckily kai and kimmy weren't that badly injured,kai had left the hospital with a broken arm and collarbone and as for kimmy she was just badly beaten up so we were left off the hook pretty easily especially since they had started the whole mess first.

I hated myself for hurting kai even if he did deserve it,I actually wish that I was able to control my emotions abbot easier and try to control that bad side of me  already..but no matter how hard I try I end up harming people..and what if one day I hurt the wrong person...what if I kill one of my friends..my parents...the teachers..

It could be anyone and I would be the one to blame because I was too weak to learn how to control my emotions..maybe I was just meant to be nothing but a huge lab rat after all...

—————————————-
Ren's pov:

I was on my way to visit Kenji alone because honestly we haven't had a Just an us moment in awhile. I'm not saying it's on purpose it's just been awhile that he's had a chance to actually breath. So him being in the hospital is actually a good thing if you think about it,but I guess he has a good reason for keeping everything on the inside ,after all these years I had thought that I knew him better than anyone,but I was never told the full story and he knew that I was somewhat still hidden from who he really was.

He had told me when we were younger that he was really badly sick so he had to go to the doctors yearly and stay there for about a week,that's still a thing but I'm not sure if it's still just a doctors appointment I mean he's in the hospital here now..so why go somewhere else ..and for that long.

He never really told me about the whole story as to why he was mute..but I can tell by the look in his eyes that he was in pain..ever since that day and sadly had lost a part of himself.

The day I had accidentally saw him start to lose control I had no intention of leaving him and seeing him differently I was just so upset that I hadn't fought harder to fully see what Kenji was going through and now he's in the hospital once again because he takes priority in making everyone's problems more important than his.

No matter how many times I was there to talk and tell him that he can tell me anything he still held back and never fully let out his true emotions..and I can't help but take the blame..

But all that has changed now because even now I'm learning more about Kenji and finding out more ways how I can be there for him so I'm not giving up just yet.

{few hours later}

When I got to his room I noticed that there was nothing to be heard as In not even his monitor was beeping so I began to panic and ran over to the bed only to find Kenji being choked by someone unfamiliar..a villain?!

[Ren]- "K-Kenji!!"

I was about to use my quirk quick but something had begun to wrap around my whole body including my wind pipe and I began to lose more and more of the ability to breath

[???]- "Yeah I know you,you're the kid of the pro hero's eraser head and present mic,and if my research is right,you can only activate your quirk if you have the ability to speak or yell really ~"

The person who had wrapped there quirk around me stated as they released my wind pipe and instead covered my mouth. The more they did so the more I realized  that there quirk was a shapeshifting one and the person was now an actual snake.

My eyes widened as I continued to struggle while watching that Kenji was struggling against the other person as he was being choked harshly to the point where his neck began to bleed. At this point I was confused as to why no one was coming into the room to check in or just see this in general as I began to keep my focus on the door.

[???]- "Oh I see,*hiss* you think that someone could actually would walk through those doors any minute now right?...*hiss* ..well hate to disappoint you but we already took care of that and as you can see we made sure that this room was no longer visible to the ones outside,and we wiped it from it even existing~"

My heart skipped a beat as I was actually beginning to freak out at this point. But more importantly I was scared for my best friend

I saw as Kenji tried to activate his quirk but wasn't able to as the man that was choking him began to chuckle

[???]- "Try all you like but the liquid I injected into you is a paralyzer for that little quirk of yours,so you're only left with your helpless and pathetic human self and that's completely useless against us actual shapeshifters. Now we're gonna play this out either the easy way or the more fun way,you can either corporate and not try anything stupid and allow me and my girl to take you and your friend,or you could try to fight us and we kill your friend over there ,what do you say?~"

The man said as he was beginning to be more visible to me as he stood at about 6'3 and was in some kind of half human half reptile form as he dug his nails deeper into kenji's neck

[???]- "I see the rumors are true then is that it?,you know I heard that the pro hero's red riot and king explosion murder had a mute son but you're more of just a pathetic kid who doesn't know how to defend himself because he's to idiotic to take care of his own body,so I won't be wasting much time here due to the fact that the boss specifically asked for you two,so I'm going to ask again,what's it going to be kid?~"

"No..."

———————————————-
Hey guys I hope you're enjoying the story so far,let me know what your thoughts are down in the comments and tell me what you guys think will happen next 😏💕
please don't hesitate to like share and comment,love you all

byeeee!!~💙

p.s: the picture at the top is my original art,ikr surprising. Anyways this was what I kind of wanted Kenji to look like,so let me know what you guys think and if there's something you think I should add😊

Word count: 1367