Chapter 1

A/N: Thank you everyone for reading!

This is a work of fiction! It is loosely based around the lives of all 5 members of Big Bang (yes, Seungri is written into the story) but it is definitely not representative of reality! The story is roughly set between "Bad Boy" and the MADE era.

I had worked in Seoul for nearly six months and it was certainly different to what I was used to. I am originally from the UK and trained as teacher;  I was bored of life there and decided to teach English as a foreign language. When I applied for an overseas teaching job, the first positions available were either Dubai or South Korea. I tossed a coin: heads for South Korea and tails for Dubai. South Korea won.

I lived in the Seocho district of Seoul, which was a great place to live. It was bustling with people rushing to and from work at the Supreme Court as well as those working at the various big companies in the area. My apartment was in a tall building that over-looked the city. I loved looking out of my window, watching the Han River in the twilight. It was a shame that my apartment had such a beautiful view as it certainly wasn't beautiful on the inside.

It was small and cramped. There was a living room/kitchen area with a tiny, grey sofa pushed up against the window. This was where I liked to sit and look out onto the city. In the middle of the room was a small coffee table with books. In the corner, there was a large bookshelf that contained hundreds of books. I absolutely adored reading. I did own a television, but I hardly ever watched it because I did not speak Korean well at all. In fact, that was one thing that made my life here unsettled. I preferred to read anyway.

My kitchen was clean but the cupboards were old and creaked terribly when opened. I hardly stocked my fridge because I mostly went out to eat although I always made sure that I had some milk for a cup of tea. Of course I couldn't leave my tea-drinking habit in rural England!

There was one bedroom, which was cosy enough. I had a double bed pushed up against one wall surrounded by fairy lights. Opposite was a wardrobe where I kept the majority of my clothes. I say kept but it would be more accurate to say where I stuffed all of my clothes. There were a few pictures on the wall in here, mainly of old 50s and 60s advertisements. I liked to think this made me chic. I definitely was not chic. The flooring was cream carpet. It was once white but had aged and not like a fine wine. I had a bookshelf which contained numerous amounts of books, but mostly my favourite ones lived here.

Finally, there was the bathroom. This was opposite my bedroom and was definitely the smallest room in the house. One thing I really missed about back home was the space. Living in one of the biggest cities in the world meant that space was limited and there was certainly no room for a deluxe bath. Instead, I had a shower that I struggled to fit into because it was that small. Gees, I could even reach the toilet and sink from the shower, it was so cramped. However, it was useful for when I needed to lean my legs on the sink when I was shaving them! Delightful...

Despite the cramped living conditions, for a time I was very happy there. I taught at a private school for primary aged children. I taught English and was expected to speak to the children and staff in English at all times. It was a great job to begin with but I gradually felt bored because I hardly made any friends. The staff at school were kind enough but I couldn't engage with them because I could not speak Korean. Within 6 months, I handed my notice in and decided I was going to get another job.

It was a sunny morning when I headed down to Seorae Village hunting for a job in a café. I decided to look there because it was a European part of town and I presumed they might hire an English girl. I walked past lots of cafes and noticed one had a sign saying 'waitress needed'. It was a quaint little café and very small, fitting around 15-20 people in. It smelt of vanilla and coffee beans: a divine smell!