Chapter 37

Seunghyun's head was swimming with thoughts and wine by the time he managed to get a driver to take him to his destination. Of course he wasn't sure if he was making the right decision or not but he couldn't back out now. He reached into his pocket and drank two bottles of gin that he had stashed from the minibar of some hotel he was at last. His vision was becoming blurry now and he felt a mixture of utter joy and crushing despair wash over him as the alcohol warmed his insides.

The car dropped him off outside of her apartment and he took a deep breath before entering. Slightly staggering up towards the lift, Seunghyun mashed the buttons and steadied himself by leaning up against the wall. He fingered the lighter in his pocket, grinding it round and round until he got into the elevator and up to her floor. Upon arrival, he again staggered down the corridor and found her door. Tap, tap, BANG, BANG. Maybe he was too heavy with his knocks. He didn't care and he sniggered to himself.

She opened the door and stood staring at him with wide eyes as she didn't expect him to be at her door. Things had been fraught between them lately and she was past the point of caring about him.

"You are...a horr... horrid person an... and.. I don't ev... ever want to see you... again," he muttered, barely coherent.

"Are you drunk?" She asked him as she squinted and leant away. She could smell the alcohol on him. Yup, definitely drunk. Typical Seunghyun.

He tried to steady himself on the wall as the room span viciously. He could feel his arms weighing him down as he drifted towards the floor before leaning against the wall on the opposite side of the corridor.

Just then, he heard another man's voice.

"RI-NA? Who is it?" The man came to the door and saw Seunghyun sliding down the wall, his eyes closing rapidly. Seunghyun lost his balance and fell towards to door, smashing his head on the wooden frame. Blood began to pool from a gash on the side of his forehead. Ri-Na saw he was now slumped into a heap on the floor.

She quickly turned to the man with worried eyes.

"It's TOP. I think he has had too much to drink? Oh god, I'm so sorry..." she was becoming anxious. The man in the apartment happened to be Yang Hyunsuk's brother Yang Minsuk: an important figure at YGE.

"Please don't tell YG, it will only cause problems," Ri-na uttered as she bent down to check on Seunghyun, passed out on the floor.

"What does he think he is doing? Getting smashed and coming here?" Minsuk replied as he bent down and grabbed Seunghyun's arms. "Help me drag him in and get a towel to stem that cut on his head."

"Urgh, he is heavy," she complained as she helped him haul Seunghyun into the open-plan living area of her apartment.

"Call Lee," Minsuk said.

"Don't call his manager! Call Taehee, he will be more understanding in this situation. I'm sure he's had to deal with Jiyong doing something stupid like this before. As much as he is my ex-boyfriend, I don't want this to get out. It could be damaging to his career. He would never forgive me."

Ri-Na reached for her phone, which was on the sofa, and she dialled Taehee Lee's number, asking him to come over urgently. Luckily, he was only a few blocks away and he appeared breathless with Jiyong by his side.

"Shit, Hyung, what have you been doing?" Jiyong screeched as he saw Seunghyun lying there. "Is he breathing? Why is he bleeding?"

"Of course he is breathing, idiot, he is just passed out drunk and hit his head. He needs to go home. He isn't staying here!" Ri-Na shouted. Although she was concerned about Seunghyun, she still had to play up to her bad girl image in front of Jiyong.