Chapter 29

The final day of the video shoot arrived and most of the boys were certainly feeling tired from the hectic schedule. As a special treat, management had organised for the boys and crew to have a day doing tourist things the following day for their last moments of the trip. When Sooyun told me about this as we were touching up Jiyong's makeup, I sighed. Great, another day by myself then.

"I'm sure it will be over quick," she reassured me. "Everyone is feeing tired so they won't want to be out exploring for long."

"I have got an appointment with Chanel in the afternoon anyway," Jiyong chimed in as we looked at each other in the mirror.

"I suppose I can do my own sightseeing," I said with a deflated smile. I was trying to sound happy that they were doing something nice but I couldn't help but come across as being ungrateful that I couldn't spend more time with Seunghyun. That was all I wanted to do. I was beginning to resent his life as an icon.

"Maybe you could surprise Seunghyun by appearing at one of the tourist bus stops?" Jiyong said with a cheeky grin. "We can convince him that he has an interview with one of the art galleries... he won't suspect a thing!"

I laughed at Jiyong. He certainly wanted Seunghyun to be happy.

"Fine! If you insist," I said trying to be coy.

"Jiyongie, you are so thoughtful!" Sooyun said as she ran her fingers through his hair.

"Excuse me what is going on here?" came the voice of Seunghyun as he casually walked over with his dark Raybans on. It wasn't sunny but he was wearing them to disguise his dark circles around his eyes. Daesung had even started called him 'Seungri' as a joke. I looked at him and smiled, professionally.

"Good morning, Seunghyun, how are you today? Please come and sit down as Sooyun and I will be styling you today."

"Where is Jae?" He replied abruptly. Idiot. You're not supposed to raise questions!

"Oh, she... she is with Youngbae..." Sooyun said. In fact, Jae was in on the act as Sooyun had to confide in her after Lauren was brandishing the picture of us on her phone during the drinks last night. Luckily, Jae was understanding and she let us look after this portion of the styling for the day.

"I'll just sit down here then," he said as he lit up a cigarette.

I immediately put my hand on his to stop him.

"No, Jagiya, there is hairspray here. It will burst into flame if you light up!"

Sooyun started coughing to cover up my mistake, giving me a panicked look. I didn't understand until I realised I had called him 'Jagiya' out loud. If there was one certain thing to give away the game, it would be that. Thinking quickly, Jiyong interrupted.

"No, Sophie, it is improper to call someone 'Jagiya' in Korea unless you are in a relationship  with them. The right thing to say would be 'Oppa'."

I looked at him with thankful eyes.

"Oh I do apologise, how ignorant of me...". 

I could feel Seunghyun rolling his eyes behind his sunglasses.

In the reflection of the mirror, I could see Lauren and a few of the other model girls staring and giggling. Jiyong looked at them and scowled: they soon stopped. Sooyun did Seunghyun's hair and make up and I pretended to faff around with Jiyong so it looked as if I was doing something. We swapped and I took every advantage I could. I ran my hands through his hair slowly, down his neck and onto his chest pretending that I was sweeping off 'excess spray'. I could feel him tense as I ran my hands dangerously close to his waist. He flinched and I pulled back, knowing that I was edging on the verge of unprofessional. Walking to the front of him, I picked up some tweezers and pretended to pluck hairs from his brows. Our lips were so close and I was desperate to kiss him especially as I could smell his delicious aftershave.