Chapter 3

Daesung sat on his phone reading through emails, constantly flicking his honey-coloured hair out of his eyes

Daesung sat on his phone reading through emails, constantly flicking his honey-coloured hair out of his eyes. His current hairstyle infuriated him: he couldn't see anything without constantly twitching his hair every 5 seconds.

Delete. Delete. Delete. Hmmm. Delete.

It was one of those days: the sky was grey, it was thundering and everyone's moods were low. Daesung wished he could delete this dance practice out of his schedule for he was tired after doing back-to-back interviews in the morning. The boys were sat in Dance Room 1 at the YG Headquarters building in the Mapo-gu district. As usual, they were practising for their performance later that evening. It was for a television show that was being broadcast across various networks.

"Right, up everyone. Let's run through Bang, Bang, Bang," came the strong voice of the boys' manager.

Daesung sighed, put his phone down next to his bag and got into position with the others and their dancers. As he walked, he bumped into Seunguri which made them both laugh.

"Watch where you're going, Daesung!" Seunguri said as he poked his bandmate in the ribs.

"Sorry!" Daesung apologised as he stood on the far left. He noticed there was a lack of energy in the room. He looked over at Seunghyun on his right but he wasn't looking at him.

Too busy looking at himself in that mirror!

"In position, and cue music!" shouted their manager as he stood at the front of the studio, sipping a bottle of mineral water.

The music began to play and Taeyang was ready to start off the song. He took a deep breath as he was about to start his verse when he was interrupted.

"Sorry, I can't. I've got to go. This isn't working," came the deep voice. It was Seunghyun. He swiftly moved out of position, waltzed over to grab his bag and walked out of the studio.

"What's wrong with that idiot?!" their manager yelled as he watched Seunghyun leave. There was not much he could do to stop him. "G, cover his verse, we'll rehearse without him."

Jiyong saluted his manager and the rest of the group prepared to get back into position. Daesung rolled his eyes.

Not this again.

As Seunghyun walked out of the studio and through the hallway towards the exit, he felt his anger and frustration rise.