Chapter 38

Many people came and visited Seunghyun during the next few days whilst he took it easy at home

Many people came and visited Seunghyun during the next few days whilst he took it easy at home. First, it was Taehee, Jiyong's manager. Taehee was instrumental in ensuring the press and the public didn't find out about his drunken outburst at Ri-Na's place: Seunghyun was grateful for that. Yang Hyunsuk came and saw him too, which made Seunghyun feel nervous because he was worried that YG would be really mad with him for creating yet more drama. Of course YG wasn't pleased but he knew Seunghyun had struggled with alcohol in the past and he offered him some support to help him. All of the boys, including Youngbae, came to see Seunghyun and kept him company as he moped around the house, feeling sorry for himself. Finally, his mother insisted that she stayed over whilst he got himself back on his feet.

"I don't need you to stay, Eomma. I hit my head but now it is healing. I am fine," he insisted as he sat at the breakfast table nursing a cup of coffee. He didn't dare go over the demons lurking in the back of his mind with her.

"My darling, you had poisoning and needed an IV drip to help you replenish. You need some loving care and I want to look after you." She fussed around him, tidying the books on the table and straightened the chairs in front of him.

He loved his mother but he really didn't need her to baby him. He needed some space from everyone around him. It was hard, but he was desperately trying to comprehend why he had drunk so much that night, causing him to black out and concuss himself. In all honestly, Seunghyun felt desperately unhappy with his life. He couldn't sugar-coat it anymore. He was feeling the pressure of the idol lifestyle after living in the spotlight for such a long time. The fact that he couldn't freely spend time in public with his girlfriend was the cherry on top of the cake. He knew he needed to re-evaluate his priorities in life and take some time out.

The one problem was that he couldn't take time out. They were promoting their new song with a tour in Japan and BIGBANG had been booked to do variety shows, photoshoots and various interviews. He would just have to get over himself and be strong. If not for himself, then for his fans. He hoped that his melancholy didn't gradually build until he felt like he was in a pressure cooker. It was his birthday next week and he wasn't even that bothered by it.

"Why don't you invite your friend over, Cheonsa? She seemed like a nice girl. Maybe she has some equally lovely Korean girl-friends who you can go on a date with?"

Seunghyun rolled his eyes at his mother. He hadn't told her that they were actually dating and luckily Ban Yu-mi hadn't spilled those beans either. The last thing his mother needed was to know that her only son was dating a European girl. He knew she would be disappointed.

"Eomma, please."

"I want what is best for you, Seunghyun. I am looking forwards to having a lovely daughter-in-law to cook me Kimchi stew! It will be exciting. I wonder what she is doing now?"

"What who is doing?" he replied, turning his head to the side. He had no idea what she was talking about.

"Your future wife!" his mother said with a beaming smile on her face. "Maybe she is from Busan? Maybe she is from here in Seoul? Maybe she is from somewhere else?" she was becoming very excited.