Chapter 16

Jiyong was sat in the kitchen drinking his morning coffee. He sipped it carefully because it was hot. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Youngbae drag himself out of his bedroom and skulk towards the coffee machine.

"Heavy night?" he asked Youngbae, looking him up and down.

"You could say that," Youngbae replied as he began grinding the coffee beans.

"What happened after I left?"

Youngbae sighed as he clumsily knocked the coffee beans off the side, trying to tidy them up. He did not like to make a mess, especially as he knew that if Seunghyun saw, he would fly off the handle.

"Seungri kept making me take shots. My head really hurts."

"...and what else?" Jiyong pryed. He knew what Youngbae was about to say but he wanted to hear his version of events.

"Ji, you can't tell this to anyone else." Youngbae made Jiyong swear.

Jiyong noded, sipping his coffee, secretly crossing his fingers under the table.

"Gigi and I had a conversation. She said one of her friends is into me. I've been thinking about it all night."

"Oh really? Which one of her friends?"

"You know, her,"  he said, trying to speak quietly so no-one else heard.

Jiyong nearly spat his coffee out. He knew who Youngbae meant. 

"No, Bae, no. Are you aware of your bust up with Seunghyun at the club a few weeks back? You're seriously going down that road? No, Bae, just no."

"Why not?" Youngbae shrugged as he stirred his coffee. "It's not like he owns her. He is always running back to Ri-na anyway. He won't leave her alone. When was he there last? A few days ago?"

"No, he's not into her anymore. Is he?" Jiyong thought long and hard about what Youngbae had just told him. Really? He was there a few days ago?!

"Yes, I heard him calling her on the phone, arranging to meet up. He's disgusting at times."

Jiyong was puzzled. He was almost sure that Seunghyun wasn't speaking to Ri-na anymore.

"Bae, please," he pleaded with his friend. "Whatever feelings you have for this girl, you need to let them go. Don't mess up your friendship with Seunghyun, please."

"You tell that to him!" Youngbae protested. "He is the one who is messing things up for other people. He's built walls around himself and no one can get in anymore. He used to be so funny. Now he is just an asshole all of the time."

It hurt Youngbae to say those things about his friend but it was true. He thought long and hard about what Gigi had said. He thought about seeing the two of them guiltily come out of the cupboard at the tv studios. Youngbae didn't want to be messed around. After he had finished making his coffee, he took it back into his bedroom and thought very carefully about his next move.

As he was walking to his room, Youngbae bumped into Daesung, who looked as if he had seen a ghost.

"Dae, what's up? You look terrified."

"I've... Me and Seunghyun... we've got to go to YG," spluttered Daesung clearly distressed and worried.

"Maybe he has a project for you two? Don't be worried, Hyung. I'm sure it won't be bad." Youngbae lied. He knew that if YG called you and demanded to go into his office on a Sunday it was bad.

* * *

Daesung sat at the table, nervously twiddling his thumbs and tapping his foot. Seunghyun looked over at him and gave him a disapproving shake of his head.