Chapter 25

Sooyun was not impressed with the situation that had unfolded during the afternoon. She wondered what had happened when Seunghyun had abruptly left the room.

"Where did he go?" Lauren asked her with a confused look on her face.

"I think he went to go for a cigarette with Jiyong," Sooyun said. She had no idea if that was true but she had to say something to cover for him.

Sooyun did not like Lauren. She thought that Lauren was very full of her self and acted as if she was the World's Princess. During her career as a makeup artist, Sooyun had come across many idols, both male and female, and some of them thought they were literally Gods and Goddesses. Lauren was one of them.

"I thought maybe I could tag along to this TV show?" Lauren said as she twirled her hair around her fingers. Sooyun didn't like the sound of that so she tried to put Lauren off.

"Ah, it will be very boring," she said as she began tidying away some of her brushes.

"I know but I want to see what American TV shows are like. Plus, I want to spend some time with the boys," Lauren replied.

Sooyun internally rolled her eyes. Yeah right, more like you want to spend some time with Seunghyun. She knew that she had to say something to him. As Sooyun was putting away her makeup, she made eyes at Daesung, hinting for him to help her put Lauren off the scent.

"Honestly, Lauren, all we do is sit inside the dressing room until it is time to perform. It is very boring," Daesung began. Sooyun gave him an urging look so that he would continue. "Erm... no one talks to each other and Seunghyun likes to be silent before each performance."

Sooyun smiled at him as he was doing a good job at putting her off.

"I hear that there is an event in Times Square later, Lauren. Why don't you and the other video girls attend? There might be some handsome American men?" Sooyun carried on. She looked at Youngbae who was not taking any interest in the conversation. She had hoped he would join in but at the same time, she didn't know where he stood in the whole debacle anymore.

Lauren pursed her lips.

"Ummmm, it sounds lovely but no I think I will come with you."

Sooyun was annoyed but what could she do? Unless she was very obvious, blowing the cover, she wasn't in the position to say anything else to Lauren.

"Ok then, if you insist," Sooyun replied feebly, staring at Daesung.

"Remember though, it's so boring and we don't really talk..." Daesung said as he shrugged.

"That's fine with me but it sounds so exciting! What time will we be meeting?"

"The boys will go to the studio earlier than us so you will have to come in the stylist car. It will be 8pm in the foyer."

"Oh Sooyun, I can't wait!" Lauren replied, grabbing Sooyun's arm in excitement. Sooyun wanted to slap her arm off but she had to make sure she was being polite and friendly. After all, Lauren was a trainee and had some degree of influence in the YG world compared to Sooyun.

Youngbae's phone rang. It was management passing on the message that they had half an hour until the boys were leaving. They decided to go back to their own rooms. Lauren air-kissed Daesung and Youngbae, leaving Sooyun feeling even angrier because this wasn't normal protocol in Korea for trainees to show such affection to their sunbaes. As soon as Lauren left, Sooyun knew she had to go and find Seunghyun.

"Daesung, where is Seunghyun? He has forgotten.. his... erm...his sunglasses!" Sooyun said, trying to think of a legitimate reason to find Seunghyun. Even though Lauren had left, some of the other stylists and makeup assistants were still in the room.