Chapter 11

We decided that I would get ready at Sooyun's apartment. She lived a few blocks away from me but it was closer to the restaurant we were going to. Her apartment was small but very cosy. She had decorated it in pink and black, with lots of fluffy cushions and candles. She had an obsession with cuddly toys: they were everywhere.

I decided that I would stay the night at her place so that we wouldn't have to rush to catch up over dinner. In all honesty, I was looking forwards to speaking to her about her relationship with Daesung, especially as I knew, from reading in the papers, that he had been linked to some J-Pop icons.

As we were ready to leave, Soonyun suggested that we stop off at the Continental Hotel Bar for a drink first – apparently she didn't have any alcohol at her place. I agreed, after all who could refuse a drink in a nice hotel? We were both dressed nicely. Sooyun had a nice purple dress on which complemented her dark hair and I had a black skinny dress on with my trusty leather jacket.

When we arrived at the hotel for drinks, there were press and photographers outside. This probably should have set off warning bells but I just ignored them because they were a regular fixture in this part of Gangnam. 

As we approached the bar, Sooyun grabbed my wrist and pulled me close, stopping us in the middle of the foyer.

"Don't be mad at me," she said as she squeezed my hand. She lead me to the bar, almost tripping over my heels and I saw him.

Fucking fuckery shit, shit, shit.

There he was, sitting at the bar in his suit, white shirt and black trousers. He looked impeccable, with slicked back black hair and a smile that could make a demon cry. Fuck he was gorgeous. He didn't see me as he was sat at the bar so I pondered my escape, looking behind me to see quickly I could run to the exit.

"Dae!" Sooyun squealed as she saw Daesung sat at the bar.

Seunghyun turned around and we locked eyes. The butterflies in my stomach almost made me throw up and my whole body tingled. I felt this electricity between us, pulling us together like two opposite poles of a magnet. He got up from his chair, towering above me and put his hand out for mine.

"Cheonsa," he said sympathetically. Sympathetically? Who was this man and what had he done with the Villain?

I looked at Sooyun, who was entangled within Daesung, and shook my head.

"Ohhh, no. Oh no, not this," I said as I tried to back away from the Villain, my head shaking. A group of hotel guests turned around as the scene began to escalate.

"Here," gestured Seunghyun, "let's sit down here." He pointed to a table in the corner of the room. At this point, Daesung and Sooyun had stopped cuddling and led the party to the table. Seunghyun hadn't let go of my wrist and I reluctantly followed his lead to the table, sighing and rolling my eyes like an adolescent.

"So, how was America?!" Sooyun asked the boys with excitement. You could tell she was bubbling over with glee to see Daesung.

"It was amazing, so much food," replied Daesung as he had a sip of his beer.

"It was interesting. Not much time for anything other than work," said Seunghyun as he looked at me. "Do you want a drink?"

I looked at Sooyun, who nodded. I rolled my eyes, hoping that this would just be a fleeting visit before we left for our girls' meal.

"Fine. One drink then we are going."

He raised his hand and the waiter came scurrying over. He clearly knew who Dae and Suenghyun were as his eyes were as wide as saucers and his smile almost the same size too.