(TWENTY-FOUR)

Jiwoo blinked slowly. She had made Sooyoung cry. Sooyoung had always been the joyful one with the most self-control and poise. And Jiwoo had broken her.

She slowly crawled closer and sat on her knees next to the older girl, who was sobbing into her hands. Jiwoo reached out hesitantly, but stopped just short of touching Sooyoung's shoulder. She's probably angry. What if she hits me? I was a bitch to her only a few minutes ago...

"Jiwoo..." Sooyoung sniffled, "I'm so sorry. I should've been there for you, but I pushed you away, and I ended up hurting you and I'm so sorry."

Shit. "Sooyoung, no..." Jiwoo stammered, "You're– you don't need to be sorry. You're perfect; I should be apologising to you. Fuck, I'm really bad at this."

Sooyoung chuckled and turned to Jiwoo. "I care about you, Jiwoo," she whispered, "And I don't know what Songhee did to you, but I can promise you I never want to hurt you like that."

A choked sound escaped Jiwoo's mouth as she once again threw herself into Sooyoung's arms. "I hate her," she wept, "I hate Songhee. She ruined me." She set her hands on Sooyoung's shoulders and pushed herself back a bit. "But I want to trust you."

Jiwoo stared into Sooyoung's eyes and smiled before saying, "I want you to teach me how to trust you."