(FORTY-FOUR)

Jiwoo sighed happily as Sooyoung braided her hair. The pair sat on a bench in the sun, Jiwoo laying down with her head in her girlfriend's lap. Though the incident with Sooyoung's mother still lingered in both of their minds, they didn't allow it to affect how they behaved together.

"You know," Jiwoo mumbled, "We never did get to do whatever you planned."

Sooyoung gasped. "Oh, you're right! How long are you free?" She checked her phone to see the time. "It's only 3:15 right now; if you aren't busy, we could head back to my house. I still have everything set up."

The younger hesitated slightly, but nodded. "Is your mom home?"

"I don't know." Sooyoung smirked as she suggested, "I can sneak you in through my window, like some cliche teen movie." Jiwoo laughed and sat up slowly, grabbing Sooyung's hand as they stood and made their way to the Ha house.

Mrs. Ha was sitting at the kitchen table with a novel in her hands when Sooyoung arrived home. She smiled at her daughter, who mirrored her smile nervously. As she greeted her mother, her girlfriend was hopping the fence and sneaking around the back of the house to wait beneath Sooyoung's window.

As she set the book down on the kitchen table, Mrs. Ha gestured for her daughter to sit next to her. Sooyoung glanced toward the stairs, but did as she was told.

"Where were you, Yves?" Her mother asked. "I hope you weren't out with that girl again; I was talking to Songhee yesterday and she told me–"

Sooyoung interrupted her. "Don't worry about me and Jiwoo, Mom. And please stop listening to Songhee. If she told you as much about herself as she tells you about Jiwoo, you'd hate her instead." She covered her mouth upon realising what she'd said and added, "But that's not really mine to share. Sorry. Anyway, I have to run. Homework!" She stood up and sprinted up the stairs to her room.

With a brilliant smile, Sooyoung threw her window open and leaned over the windowsill to extend her hands to Jiwoo. Jiwoo was standing on top of a trash bin in order to be almost tall enough to reach the window, so Sooyoung grabbed her hands and pulled her in, both girls giggling at the scene.

"Okay, I know it's not much, but..." Sooyoung pulled out a box from beneath her bed and slid it across the room to rest between her and her girlfriend. "I wanted us to make something together. I have a ton of scrapbooking supplies, and a polaroid camera for pictures," she rambled, "So I was thinking, since I have two empty scrapbooks, I make one for you and you make one for me?"

Jiwoo squealed and jumped over the box to tackle her girlfriend in a hug. "Sooyoung, this is the cutest thing I have ever seen."

They quickly got to work, snapping cute photos together, and taking surprise attack pictures of each other. They each filled the scrapbooks with cute pictures, little notes, stickers, and whatever else they wanted. Because they were giving the scrapbooks to each other, they both included plenty of photos of themselves in the book, per Sooyoung's request. She insisted that she needed as many pictures of Jiwoo as possible, to which the younger girl responded she required just as many of Sooyoung.

Sooyoung had bought these two scrapbooks specifically for this event, though she opted not to tell Jiwoo so the girl wouldn't feel bad about Sooyoung spending money on her. She had bought identical books aside from the colour of their covers: Sooyoung was decorating the peach book, and Jiwoo was decorating the maroon one. They drew silly cartoons on the covers and within the pages, and Sooyoung plastered the front of the book with an excessive amount of peach stickers. "Because you're my sweet peach," she had said.

Jiwoo instantly stuck an apple sticker on the cover of the book she was working on for Sooyoung. She winked and shot back, "Because you're the apple of my eye."

a/n: oh? what's this??
an update after a month and a half?
i finally found some energy to write one of the stories i actually have published instead of hopping between my 40+ stories i've yet to post