(TWENTY-THREE)

When Sooyoung got home, she immediately locked herself in her room and shut her curtains. She reached into her bag and carefully removed what she'd stolen from Songhee's room.

It was exactly what she thought.

The hoodie Jiwoo had been wearing the day they met. It was almost impossible to miss – not only was it bright pink, it had a large red heart on the front of it and 'Chuu' printed in white letters across the back.

"Calling her hasn't been working," Sooyoung muttered to herself, "But I don't know how else to get to her. I don't know where she lives, what school she goes to, or any of her friends." She ran her hands through her hair in frustration.

For the next few hours, Sooyoung alternated between pacing nervously around her room and calling her friends asking if any of them knew Jiwoo. Her efforts were fruitless. She didn't even know Jiwoo's surname. Finally, she got a text from someone she hadn't spoken to in nearly a year. They had been lab partners once and never contacted each other again.

Kim Hyunjin: Hey, idk if this is weird or not, but Heejin just told me you called her looking for someone named Jiwoo

Sooyoung: Yes! I've been trying to find her for more than two weeks now. She doesn't go to our school and she won't return my calls, I have no idea how to find her

Kim Hyunjin: I'm pretty sure we're talking about the same girl. Small, loud, super annoying?

Sooyoung: Small and loud, yes.
Sooyoung: But she's not annoying :(

Kim Hyunjin: Oh my god she's the worst- she saw me texting you and now she's screaming into a pillow telling me to stfu

Sooyoung: I don't think she wants to talk to me right now, but I found something of hers that I want to give back to her
Sooyoung: At least I think it's hers
Sooyoung: Her pink chuu hoodie

Kim Hyunjin: Sis i'm losing my shit Jiwoo never shuts up about you come over I want to scare her. Here's our address.
Kim Hyunjin: Attachment: 1 Location. Open in Maps?

Sooyoung was out the door almost instantly. She only took her phone and the hoodie, and didn't even bother tying one of her shoes. She definitely broke several traffic laws on her way there, but it was worth it to see Jiwoo.

Hyunjin had left the door unlocked for Sooyoung and told her where Jiwoo's room was before she left to go see Heejin. Sooyoung politely removed her shoes as she stepped inside, locking the door behind her. She crept up the stairs and nervously knocked on one of the doors, praying it was the right one.

"Bitch, did you forget something?" A voice shouted from inside, "And since when do you knock?" Footsteps could be heard stomping toward the door, and Sooyoung tried not to laugh as she imagined a tiny Jiwoo angrily stomping her little feet and trying to be intimidating.

The door swung open, and Sooyoung nearly choked on air. Jiwoo looked adorable. She was wearing an enormous Gengar hoodie with neon green fluffy socks and had her hair tied up into two little buns.

"Oh, fuck!" She panicked and slammed the door, breathing heavily.

Sooyoung knocked again, softer this time. "I know you're probably not happy to see me," she whispered. She leaned her forehead against the door and tried to stay calm. "If you don't want to talk, that's totally okay, I don't blame you. But I found your hoodie and wanted to bring it back to you." She set it on the ground at her feet. "I'll just leave it out here for you. I'm sorry, Jiwoo. Hopefully I'll see you again soon. Bye."

She blinked back tears as she turned to walk away. I knew I messed everything up, she thought, I was such a bad friend. A single tear finally slipped from her eye and she mentally cursed herself for being so weak.

Before the tear could hit the floor, Sooyoung did. She screamed as she collided with the carpet. She turned over, but the weight of whatever had knocked her down stayed on top of her. Sooyoung blinked slowly and looked up at the younger girl straddling her hips.

Jiwoo flung herself downwards, enveloping Sooyoung in a hug. "I missed you so much," she sobbed, "What the fuck happened?"

Sooyoung laughed and wiped away Jiwoo's tears with her thumbs, grazing the newly healed scars on her cheekbone. "I should be asking you the same thing," she said, "Are you okay? You just... disappeared."

"That's a long story," Jiwoo sighed. "The simplest summary is that Songhee is a bitch and I hope she gets her fingers slammed into a car door one by one." Sooyoung finally sat up with Jiwoo still on her lap and chuckled again.

She gently set her hands on Jiwoo's hips to ensure she wouldn't knock the small one down as she sat up. Jiwoo flinched and her eyes widened. Sooyoung pulled her hands away fast, as if she'd been burned. She didn't want to upset Jiwoo, not after she'd just gotten her back.

"I'm sorry, did I—"

Jiwoo pressed a finger to Sooyoung's lips. "What did she tell you?" Her voice shook, but she maintained intense eye contact. "What did she tell you, Sooyoung?! Is that why you came back?" She scooted away. "Don't- don't touch me. You think you can come here and bring me my hoodie and that I'll just lie down and let you do whatever you want? You think I'll just sit there and take it?!"

"I don't know what you're talking about, Jiwoo, please—"

"What the fuck did Songhee tell you, Sooyoung?" Jiwoo growled, "Either you tell me the truth or you leave. I'm not gonna let you play with me the way she does. You're a damn fool if you think I'd let that happen again."

Sooyoung's voice cracked as she tried to keep her composure. "Jiwoo, what did Songhee do to you?"

Jiwoo glared. "Don't act like you don't know."

"But I don't know."