(FORTY-TWO)

"Hey, Chuu!" Sooyoung called, waving from her car window. She slowed down so Jiwoo could climb into the passenger seat. "So I know we normally hang out at your place after school, but I was thinking... Do you want to come to my house? We've never hung out there."

Jiwoo nodded. "Sounds great! Let me just tell my dad I'll be home late."

With a giggle, Sooyoung tapped Jiwoo's nose lightly. "I already did," she announced. "I planned something for us today, so I made sure your dad was okay with me stealing you for a little while." Jiwoo grinned and kissed Sooyoung on the cheek, and then they were off.

During the drive, Sooyoung offered for Jiwoo to play music – an opportunity the girl gladly accepted. She hit shuffle on her playlist and was dancing slightly in her seat to Twice's "What is Love?" when Sooyoung finally looked over at her. Instantly she busted out laughing at the younger's cuteness. She was dancing the song's choreography, only tiny. It was beyond adorable.

The next song came on and Jiwoo squealed. Based on Jiwoo's excitement, Sooyoung had expected a hype song, so she was surprised when a soft acoustic guitar opened the song. "This is my favourite song," Jiwoo whispered, "It means a lot to me."

Sooyoung tried hard to pay attention. Jiwoo was sharing a piece of herself, and neither of them wanted to waste the moment.

Her voice began soft and timid, but she progressively grew more confident as she sang along, forgetting that she wasn't alone, letting herself get lost in the music. "She's in the rain. Whenever I see you, time seems to stop. You're broken but you're still all that I want. You're beautiful despite all of your pain. No whoa, she's in the rain." When Sooyoung looked to her right she saw how peaceful Jiwoo looked. Her eyes were closed, she sat perfectly still, and each word fell beautifully from her mouth as she sang.

"Wow," Sooyoung breathed as the car rolled to a stop in front of her house. "You have a beautiful voice." Jiwoo looked at her hands and remained silent, visibly uncomfortable. She shook her head. Sooyoung lifted the girl's face and looked into her eyes, smiling softly. "You really do. I hope you'll sing for me more sometime, peach."

Sooyoung decided to drop the subject for fear of upsetting Jiwoo. She'd compliment her again later. For now, she was eager to show Jiwoo what she'd planned.

a/n: the english lyrics for she's in the rain were *ahem* totally not stolen from my friend's cover of the song on youtube
(yes they were but she knows i did it)