Chapter 25: Arrow on the Doorpost

The ride was silent. It wasn't uncomfortable, it was a healthy quiet. I was on the back of Daryls bike, holding his waist. We pulled up to a grouping of silo's. Behind us, Rick got out and Hershel remained in the car. 

Daryl helped me off the bike, and I held my gun, following behind him as we weaved into the silo's. Rick followed behind me.

 When we entered the clearing, Daryl raised his hand and then pointed at the house in the distance. We followed Daryl behind another silo, trying to remain hidden from view. Daryl led us behind the house. Daryl kneeled next to a corpse, checking if it would wake or not. Rick looked back at us and then to the house.

He pointed towards the front and we nodded. I followed behind Daryl as Rick entered through the back. I didn't want Rick going in alone, but that was what was agreed upon. 

Daryl was wearing his flannel with his leather jacket on top. I had a tan button down shirt with the sleeves folded up along with my Owen leather jacket. I decided to wear a tighter set of cargo pants. 

Daryl peaks through the window above my head. I tried to stand on my tippy toes, but I still couldn't reach.

Daryl looks down at me and smiles, before grabbing a small log and placing it under the window. I stood on it and peaked through, his hand resting on my lower back to keep me steady. We watched the Governor and Rick. Rick was pointing his gun at him. "Shoot him." I muttered.

The Governor undo's his belt before putting it down. "See?" He says. "No trouble. Now you." Rick puts his gun back in his holster. "Well...suit yourself." He chuckles.

"We need a better view point." Daryl says, helping me down. I follow behind him, passing a few hay bales. Hershel drives up next to us. "He's already in there." I tell him. "Sat down with Rick."

"I don't see any cars." Daryl says. "It don't feel right. Keep it running." Daryl looks around. How did the Governor get here without a car? 

I turn when I hear a car approaching. I roll my eyes. Thats because he didn't. "Heads up." Daryl says, tapping the car. He raises his bow and I follow suit.

A tan car pulls up to us and stops before all four doors open. Angela gets out too, but I stay where I am. "What the hell? Whys your boy already in there?" 

"He's here?" Angela asks us. "Yup." I tell her. She sighs and walks in, not shutting the door behind her. "Whats going on?" She asks. "Nothing." I hear the Governor tell her. "Your friend isn't much for small talk."

"You want to talk, talk." Rick says to him. "I wanted you to talk." He says. "Too many people have died, for no reason. Let's end this." Angela says, deciding that she'll do the talking. "Save the bullets for the real threat. We can solve this. Thats why I asked you to come here."

I look around, trying to search for any other vehicles or men. There weren't any. Daryl's bow stays trained on the men in front of us. Eventually he drops it and paces back and forth in front of the car. I sit on the hood, an open book in my lap.

"Maybe I should go inside." Hershel says. "The Governor thought it best if he and Rick spoke privately." Some dude with glasses says.

"Who the hell are you?" Daryl asks him. "Milton Mamet." Daryl purses his lips and looks at me. "Great. He brought his butler."

I chuckled, along with the guy leaning on the other hood. "I'm his advisor." I clear my throat. "What kind of advice?" I ask him. "Planning. Biters. Uh, you know, I'm sorry. I don't feel like I need to explain myself to the henchmen."

"You better watch your mouth sunshine." Daryl says to him, and I smirk victoriously. "Look, if you and I are gonna be out pointing guns at each other all day, do me a favor, shut your mouth."