Chapter 23: Home

When I wake up, I wait for the feeling of Daryl's hands or lips. I don't feel it. I turn onto my back and stare at the top of the bunk. Theres a mark from my fist.

I feel dead as I get up. Tying my boots, walking down the stairs, and discussing where the breach was in the prison. "He had fishtanks full of heads. Walkers and humans. Trophies." Michonne explains. "He's coming."

"We should hit him now." Glenn says. "What"

"He won't be expecting it. We'll sneak back in and put a bullet in his head. You know where his apartment is, we could do it tonight." He drops his voice to a whisper. "I'll do it myself."

She nods. "He didn't know you were coming last time, and look what happened. You were almost killed. Daryl and Chloe were captured. And you and Maggie were almost executed." Hershel tells him.

"You cant stop me." Glenn says to Hershel. "Rick would never allow this." He says.

"You really think he's in any position to make that choice?" Glenn asks."Think this through clearly. T-Dog lost his life here. Lori too. The men that were here. It aint worth anymore killing." 

"We can't stay here." Hershel says. "We cant run."

I stand and walk out into the cell block. Maggie sits in her cell, and I figure its best to leave her alone. I can hear her and Glenn arguing when I enter my own cell.  

I grab my bow, leave my cell, and go outside. I find a bunch of sticks and gather them. Straight and kind of thick. I sit out in the middle of the field, using my knife to sharpen them. I carve each and every one of them. 

I straighten them out, thin them, and point them. I stuff them into my jeans and stand up, using my bow to help me stand. I look around for a bird, anything with feathers. I look around and start swearing. 

I kick the ground, starting to cry. He left me. He left me, not the other way around. "Fucking asshole." I wiped my face. I'm so done. Crying, everything, I'm done.

Suddenly, I hear a shot ring out. I stop, looking for where it came from. I watch Carl, Beth and James run. I lay down in the grass, waiting for more shots. 

I hear and engine roar and I watch as a truck breaks through the gates. I clench my jaw, crawling through the grass. But all too soon, a bunch of walkers are released. 

"Fuck." I mumble, reloading my gun. Arrows weren't going to help me now. Another one of the trucks drive in. I take out my knife and jump up, starting to stab them in the head. 

More and more gunshots ring out, and one gets me in the arm. I clench my jaw, falling down onto my back. "Chloe!" I could hear multiple people scream. A walker was about to fall on me. 

I kicked it back, holding my arm as I jumped up. One of our trucks pulls up and I stumble over to it, letting Glenn pull me up into the trunk.

 When we make it to the top, I hug and kiss both my brothers. "I'm so glad your safe." I mumble. "Your bleeding Chloe. Did you get bit?" I shook my head. "I got shot. It's just a graze."

I look down towards Rick as he makes his way up to us. My eyes narrow when I notice Daryl and Merle are with him. 

When they come up to the gate, everyone's saying hello to them. Daryl doesn't take his eyes off of me. But I turn and walk back into the prison. "Fucking prick."

I walk up to my cell laying down. I flip onto my back and notice the dent. Suddenly, I remember my period.

I sit up and try to count the days. I was synched with Maggie. "Oh God." I mumble, standing up. "Oh God what?"' Daryl asks, standing in the door way.