Chapter 3 -The Beginning-

Oscar's POV:

I had just came home from Brentwood about an hour ago. I was cleaning up my car when I heard a loud bang. I went to the front and realized that it was coming from across the street. I was gonna leave it alone, but I've known Leilani pretty much since she was a child and I know her mom isn't home so I had to check just in case. Typical I guess but, gotta protect your block, feel me.

I'm running across the street to get there fast not knowing if someone's breaking in or a raccoon or what.

As I'm checking through the backyard I notice that the back door is open. Now I'm worried, if someone's in that house shits gonna do down.

I squeak the door open, I then hear shuffling coming from across the house. I slowly creep into the kitchen when I see a figure in front of me then a light turns on.

Leilani's POV:

"What the fuck?" I say annoyed so I don't seem suspicious.

"I- uh.. There was a bang outside and I noticed that it came from your house and I wanted you to you know be protected in case it was a robber or gang member or some shit. The only reason I came in was because the back door was open." he said all in one breath.

"The door doesn't close sometimes if you don't lock it the right way. But, thank you for your concern but I think I got it covered." I say taking my pistol out from behind my back.

"Oh alright. But damn, a girl like you strapped?" he said laughing.

Oh you would be surprised I thought in my head as I was smirking along with his comment.

"What's that suppose to mean, "A gIrL lIkE mE" hmm?" I said with a little bit of attitude.

"All I'm saying is that out of all the people on this street, or even this block, is that I would expect you to be the little list of people that don't have one in this hood."

"Hmm, that's what people think when they see me? Goody two shoes, couldn't hurt a fly, quiet kid?" I said smiling, knowing that it worked on how I want people to see me, WORKED! Cover is covered. My reputation is solid and it just got confirmed from someone who isn't in my friend group.

"Yeah, that's how everyone see's you."

"Good." I said flatly.

"How is that good?" he seemed a little bit curious.

"Don't worry about it compa, if you know then you'll know." I said kinda dry to put an end to this conversation.

"I'm gonna find out what that means"

"No sir." I said laughing along with him.

"Ight, Imma head out now "CoMpA", you stay safe and text me if anything does happen. I wanna keep my block safe." he said walking towards the back door.

"Okay I will, thank you once again for concern, that was pretty thought of you."

"Anytime Lani." he said half way through the door.

I started to walk away back to my room when he said something else.

"Hey Lani, you shouldn't wear your glasses more often, they hide that beauty."

I turned around giving him a little smirk, "Buenas noches, compa."

I heard the door shut and I was now freaking out. Oscar just said I looked pretty. I never, I MEAN NEVER. Have gotten compliments from dudes on this block that weren't the guys. Yeah, I mean I have gotten those type of compliments before from guys at parties that I go to with friends I met through Mouse this one. THIS ONE! Is so so so very different.

* beep beep beep *

I woke up to my alarm going off. I just grabbed my phone and rolled over. I texted the group chat letting them know I was not going to school today I was to fucking tired. I stayed up until 5 IN THE MORNING! That's an hour and a half before my alarm goes off. I was not in the cut. Fuck that.

I woke up again at about 11 and got a little bit ready because I was gonna visit my stupid ass bitch in the hospital (mom). Then from there I was gonna obviously go hang with my friends.

As I'm getting ready I'm contemplating on whether or not I should wear leggings. I. DO. NOT. WEAR. TIGHT. CLOTHING. Well with the exception of me going out to deal, or partying with friends I met through Mouse, then no you will not catch me wearing tight shit.

Okay so I decided that I'm gonna wear leggings and a over sized long sleeve.

I put my air pods in on full blast and started getting ready.

As I'm about to put my shirt on (I have my leggings and bra on btw)

I quickly turn around to the sound of

"Hey, Compa."

Oooooh shit get spicyyy now innit?

As the story progresses y'all will find out more about Leilani and how she is the person she is.

anyways hoes happy reading.

also comment your feed back I wanna know how y'all are liking the story.

Okay last thing, don't be shy vote for my book. :)))))

okay bye,

-cantevenfunction