The Text

"Why didn't she just tell me she was Ava Green?" Louis whispered furiously to Alex. There was a mixture of anger and hurt in his voice. I suddenly felt bad, which was a rare thing for me.

"She's very confuse, Louis," Alex whispered back, "There are some memories that Ava hasn't been able to fully grasp and the ones that she has saw already has only came in bits and pieces."

"What do you mean?" Louis asked her.

I decided that it was time to enter. I opened the door and walked in. Their heads snapped up to look at me with guilty faces. Louis looked away.

"The place is clear," I informed them. Alex nodded and stood up.

"I'm going to bed now. It has been a long day," she yawned. She walked into her room, leaving me and Louis out here alone.

"Alex was telling me something about your memories. You want to finish?" he told me in a tone that I didn't like.

"I don't know Louis," I sighed tiredly, "It has been a long day."

"Don't you think I deserve to know?" he snapped, "After you left me with no explanation, why can't you provide me with one now?"

"You won't understand," I groaned, "I was leaving you to protect you."

"To protect me? My best friend and girlfriend left me with no goodbye! I felt forgotten!" he shouted, "Now here we are with me a singer and you're a-a killer!"

"You don't understand," I told him.

"Then help me understand, Ava!" he was getting frustrated and impatient, "You keep saying that but you won't explain anything to me."

"Because I don't understand it myself!" I raised my voice, something I didn't want to do while arguing with him, but I was starting to get a headache. I was pushing myself to remember so I could explain to him, but it only made me exhausted.

"I went through something in my life and my memories were wiped from my mind and I had a new identity. Then something else happened, something horrible. It brought me back these memories that I forgot I had. I'm trying to piece them together, but most of it hasn't even come back yet," I told him, "My life has been hell, Louis."

I pulled up my sleeves to reveal the scars on my arms. He gasped and took a step forward.

"It's everywhere on my body, Louis. It's permanent and I will always be reminded of them," I whispered.

He was now standing in front of me and was holding my arms. I watched as his thumb gently rubbed over each scar.

"I-I'm sorry," he looked up at my eyes and released my arms.

"Don't be sorry. You didn't do this to me," I sighed.

"But you went through all this torture," he said in a sad voice, "I can't imagine the pain that you went through."

"Because you can't," I mumbled.

He didn't say anything else.

"I'm going to rest," I told him while walking to my own room, "You should too. We'll take you back to your friends early in the morning."

I threw myself on the twin size bed, and tried to rest like I said I would but my eyes wouldn't close. I was worried about Louis knowing my secrets, about Rebecca and Nick, and where I was going to go next.

I didn't want to remember. I didn't want anymore memories to come back because I was afraid that it will reveal things that will be able to break me. I just wanted to forget. Maybe that's why I volunteered for the operation.

My phone rang and I looked at the screen to see a text from a block number. I opened it up to see a combination of letters and numbers all jumbled up together. The more I stared at it, the more dizzy I became. I tried to force my eyes away from the screen, but it was like my brain was forcing me to stare at the letters and numbers. Then I felt like something was leaving me. It's like something was being retrieved from inside my brain, and I couldn't controlled anything.

Then I realized I wasn't trying anymore. My body had relaxed and I was willingly staring at the screen. For some reason, I felt relieved.

The last thing I remembered was passing out.

"Ava," Someone called out.

I felt the contact of someone's hand making contact with my arm.

Suddenly, that person was on the ground with me behind him, putting him in a choke hold.

He clawed at my arm, which was wrapped over his neck, but I didn't release the grip I had on him.

"Who are you?" I questioned him.

I release some pressure from the choke so that he could speak.

"Ava, it's me, Louis," he coughed out.

"Who the hell is Ava?" I pulled out a knife from the strap on my hip. I put it to his neck.

"Y-y-"

Before he could finish, I felt something being shot into my back. I stood up and another was shot into my back.

My vision began to become a blur and I was swaying without even realizing. The knife was no longer in my hands and the guy was standing in front of me.

He was staring at me with a look I could not recognize or identify.

The world turned dark.

This chapter was short...hmm. Poor Ava, she keeps on fainting.

~Author