Wiped Memory

I woke up with my hands tied behind my back and my back leaned against a wall. I looked around to see that I was in the room where I strangled the guy before. There was whispering from outside the room.

"She and I are CIA," I heard a female voice whispered, "Well, I'm just her psychologist and she's the operative."

Psychologist? I don't have a psychologist.

"CIA?" The guy, I recognized his voice as the guy I strangled, raised his voice from a whispering.

Why is she telling him this? Who is he?

"Be quiet or you'll wake her up," she shushed him.

I untied the rope and tore the white bandages off my hands. I cracked my fingers while inching towards the door.

"Then who are the people that's after you?" he lowered his voice.

I waited for her answer.

"CIA," she answered. I searched for the high pitch in her voice to dictate whether she was lying or not, but it didn't show.

I kicked the door once and it slammed against the wall behind it. The hinges of the door was nearly torn off. I stepped out of the room to see two people standing in the center of the room.

The girl held up the tranquilizer gun and I clenched my jaw.

"Ava, I don't want to shoot you again, but I will if I have to," she gave me a warning look. Even though her hand was shaking, I can tell that she wasn't bluffing.

I took a step forward and she pulled the trigger. I watched the tranquilizer traveled towards my chest in slow motion.

Then the needle that was going to make me unconscious was in between my index finger and thumb.

Their eyes widened and she pulled the trigger again, but I quickly dodged it.

"I wouldn't do that again if I were you," I smirked.

"Ava, please it's us," the guy, Louis, pleaded.

"Who's Ava?" I tilted my head to the side.

"You're Ava," he answered.

"I suggest you tell me what's going on before I force it out of you," I threatened them. I chuckled bitterly, "You wouldn't want that."

Louis frowned.

"It's really complicated," the girl answered carefully, looking at me like I was going to attack.

And that's exactly what I did.

I lunged forward and kicked the tranquilizer gun away. I grabbed both of their throats with each of my hand and slammed them against the wall behind them. Their hands scratched at my arms.

"Well I'm about to make it uncomplicated," I whispered with a snarl.

"W-wait," the girl gasped.

I raised an eyebrow.

"We'll tell you everything you want to know," she coughed.

"That wasn't so hard now, was it?" I released their throats and they both fell down to their knees coughing.

"Alright, what's your name," I tapped the girl's knee with the tip of my shoe.

"Alex," she answered.

I nod, "Good choice of not lying."

"And you," I turned my eyes to Louis, "Who are you if you're not CIA?"

He gulped, "I-I'm in a band called One Direction."

They were both staring at me with fear in their eyes. I smirked.

"Then why are you here?" I questioned him.

He opened his mouth but nothing came out. Fortunately for him, Alex jumped in to save him.

"Because he was someone you knew in your childhood. You don't remember him because something happened to you and your memories were wiped clean and replaced with new ones," Alex explained.

I almost laughed.

"I should just kill you both already," I dismissed what she just said.

"Wait!" Louis stopped me.

I narrowed my eyes at him, "What?"

"I have proof that we knew each other," he said. Alex's head whipped around to look at him while I raised an eyebrow. Louis slowly stood up, not once looking away from me, "If you'll let me, I can show you."

I stood there, thinking and observing him. He didn't look like he was lying to try and deceive me.

"Fine, but do it slowly," I told him.

"It's in my wallet," he slowly reached into his back pocket. I watched him carefully. He pulled out an expensive looking, brown wallet.

I watched him pull out a small folded photo. He handed it to me and I cautiously took it from his hand. I unfolded the photo to see a picture of two teenage kids lying on grass. I can see that the boy in the picture looked like the younger version of Louis. The girl, however, had the same eyes as me.

"Who is she?" I looked up at him.

"She's Ava Green," he answered with a sad smile, "She's you."

I couldn't believe what he was saying. That girl is not me.

I crumbled the photo up in my hand and his eyes went wide with anger.

"What are you doing?" he stepped forward to retrieve it, but I tossed it behind me and shot him a warning look.

"I'm done with your games," I shoved him and he tripped over his feet and fell backwards on the ground.

"You may not believe us, but everything we had just told you is real, Ava," Alex tried to convince me.

"Then why is the CIA after me?" I questioned her.

"Because they're betraying you," she answered, "They experimented on you, Ava. Not too long ago, they were going to drain your blood and use it to make another super human. You almost died until your brother and I showed up."

"Brother?" I frowned.

"Yes Ava, your brother," she confirmed.

"Then where is he now?"

She sighed, "He thought it would be safer if you two were separated."

I stared at her in silence. Everything she was saying could be a lie, but it didn't feel like it.

"You're not a cold blooded killer Ava," Alex took a step towards me, "You do what you feel or think is right."

"No," I shook my head with a bitter laugh, "You're wrong."

With those last spoken words, I turned around and walked out the front door. I wasn't going back to the CIA. I was going to find my brother.