13. dinner date?

♥

i got home and i was immediately squashed in a hug by jimin. we played around with jungkook all afternoon until it was time to get ready.

"jimin! i'm going to go get changed. you should too" i waved him over.

"what's wrong with what i'm wearing?" he frowned. i looked back at what he was wearing. it consisted of patterned pajama pants and one of my oversized t-shirts. cute. but not for dinner.

"you can't wear pajamas to a dinner with new friends, silly" i said as i dragged him up to our room. first i had him change into light, denim, cuffed shorts and a flowy, white, button up t-shirt. it was cute and light. just like him. he waited to put on his shoes until i changed.

i just put on a summery dress as the weather was still nice and i wanted to make the most of it. plus, i have to do laundry. yikes.

i fixed my makeup and hair from work and grabbed us both sweaters incase we got cold.

i laced up his sneakers for him because he was refusing to do it himself and we were off!

i got in my car and we set off for hoseok's house. the ride was silent besides my gps telling me when to take turns and such.

i pulled up to a nice sized house in a little gated neighborhood after we put in the code to let us in.

"i believe it's this one-" i said until the gps interrupted me with "you have arrived."

i was about to get out of the car when jimin looked at me. his ears were droopy and his eyebrows furrowed.

"i'm nervous" he said quietly.

"there's no need to be nervous honey! it's just yoongi and his owner! hoseok is super kind and you can become friends with yoongi! you're both cat hybrids, won't that be nice?" i smiled at him reassuringly and he nodded, blushing as we got out of the car.

he held my hand as we walked up to the door. i knocked.

the door swung open and hoseok said, "hey y/n! you look very pretty!" and hugged me. i blushed and thanked him. "you must be jimin!" he greeted jimin as yoongi came running out.

i picked him up and spun him around. he giggled happily. "you're so cute! aww my little yoongi" i babied him and then brought him inside with jimin.

once i put him down jimin stuck tightly to my side. it was a new environment for him. must be overwhelming.

"come, dinner is almost ready. you can have a seat at this table" hoseok smiled and lead us to his dining table.

"thank you! your house is so nice!" i complimented, yoongi jumped onto my lap as jimin and i sat down.

"thank you, it's a pleasure having you here!" hoseok grinned. he was always so happy. i love that about him.

"give me attention!" yoongi whined, making me turn to face him.

"little yoongi is getting so big! you're growing up so fast, aren't you kitten? aren't you?" i cooed, massaging his head around his ears. this seemed to satisfy him as his giggles filled the room and his gummy teeth showed.

his little tail brushed against my shins happily and he rubbed his ears into my face. "hey!" i laughed out.

i didn't notice jimin's distant gaze though. maybe i should have.

hoseok served dinner and yoongi went to go sit in his own seat. we talked and laughed and even jimin and yoongi had a little conversation.

the food was amazing. i'll tell you that.

once we finished, i helped hoseok do the dishes, even though he tried to refuse. it was the least i could do.

unbeknownst to us, jimin and yoongi were running around in the living room. playing with toys and tackling each other.

"how has jimin been?" hoseok asked.

"he's been great! he's super clingy but i love it. it shows that he likes being around me, which is good. how's yoongi?"

"he's much better now. before we came back to the clinic that day all he would do was cry and sleep and eat. he wouldn't let me comfort him either. at first he wouldn't tell me what was wrong but when we passed by that night, i had a feeling. he's not like that anymore though. he's so happy now" he explained, smiling to himself.

"awww poor thing. he's been in that clinic his whole life, since he was a baby. it's so good that he found you. i always told him he would find someone like you" i smiled. he grinned ear to ear at this.

"i love him so much" he said. the dishes were clean by now and we went out to see what the boys were doing. to our surprise they were sitting on the couch together, watching some nonsense on the tv. they looked over when we came in.

"would you like to stay for a movie?" hoseok asked.

"of course, i think jimin would like that too" i said and jimin looked over, nodding happily.

we sat down next to each other and the boys sat in front of us on the ground. they wanted to be by us but next to each other at the same time.

hoseok put on beauty and the beast and we all watched intently. halfway through the movie hoseok dozed off, his head falling onto my shoulder. i didn't mind.

he was woken up though when the boys in front of us cheered happily at the ending.

"oh- sorry y/n" he said, shamefully rubbing his neck.

"it's all good" i giggled at him.

jimin and yoongi yawned.

"i think it's time to go. everyone's tired" i said, standing up.

yoongi and jimin whined and grabbed onto me. it was cute. jimin was full grown and yoongi was much, much smaller. the height difference was adorable as yoongi was less than half jimin's age. they both pretty much acted the same though.

"we have to let them get to bed jiminie, so we can go to sleep too" i smiled and ruffled his hair.

they walked us to the door. "we should do this again, it was really fun!" hoseok said, rubbing his eye and smiling tiredly.

yoongi was basically falling asleep.

"yea! just text me. we should get going now. love you guys! goodbye!" i said and jimin waved to them both.

we heard yoongi yelling 'bye!' as we walked to our car.

dinner was a success!

—————

this chapter was pretty slow but yeaa. thank you guys for reading! i've been getting a lot more reads these past couple days. i'm very excited. as of right now we are #1 in the btshybrid tag! that's so exciting. even though this book is new and has fairly low exposure it still somehow made it there. that's so cool! thank you!

1167 words