Chapter 9

Amy needs to think fast. She uses all of her strength in her feet and manages to jump more closer to the table. No way she can grab the kitchen knife with her hands...but she can with her mouth. Amy stretches her mouth outward to the kitchen knife handle. Using her tongue to pull it closer, enough to grab it with her teeth. She felt a rush of adrenaline in her blood; finally she can be free! Now all she needs to do is free one of her hands. She needs to be careful. The pink hedgehog was hesitant, she doesn't want to cut herself. But it'll be worth it... right? Amy closes her eyes and take deep breaths. Preparing for any pain trying to free herself. 'You can do this Amy. It's either this or staying here in this hell!' She built up the courage. Thinking of never seeing her friends or Sonic again... she needs to do this. Amy opens her emerald eyes. Leaning her head down, lining the sharp blade under the rope. Pushing it through the gap between her skin and the rope. She could feel the blade pierce her peach skin. Causing her to wince in pain. Amy holds in a scream and moves her mouth up and down. The knife begins to cut against the rope, along with cutting the side of Amy's wrist. Blood drips from the knife onto the ground. Tears burst slowly spilling down her cheeks. Amy continued her action until the knife successfully cuts through the rope. Quickly, she uses her free hand to hold the knife and cut her other hand free. Then doing the same with her feet. Leaving small through her red boots but she doesn't care. Amy just wants to leave.

The pink hedgehog stands up, stumbling to the basement door. Opening it as fast as she could, not caring about how much noise she made. She gazes up the stairs to be met with a bright light. Amy runs up the stairs. She gets to the top; she was now in a living room. An open kitchen by the left, near the middle was a red couch, across from that was a plasma TV with the news on (Low volume), the walls were beige with the floor being a dark oak wood: Amy jogs over to the metal door. Believing it to be the door to freedom. Opening it to see a very displeased hedgehog looking down at her. Her eyes widen in shock, it looked like he was waiting for her. Shadow sighs as if he was disappointed, "D'aw crap rose. Can't believe you'd cut yourself you silly thing." He says, faking a sympathetic face. Amy takes two steps back, taking out her hammer. Pointing it at Shadow, hoping he won't see the fear in her eyes. More blood drips from her wrist, Shadow notices her wound. His pupils narrow, locking his eyes with hers. "Amy, put down the hammer and let me heal your wound." He instructed, fretting for her health. Shadow couldn't let her bleed out; especially when she's bleeding by the wrist. He shouldn't have feelings for her... but he does like her. Seeing her in such a sad manner hurts him. It was confusing. If it was anyone else in the world he wouldn't care...yet for Amy--

"N-no! Move the hell away from the door and let me go!" She swings her hammer, causing Shadow to move away from the door. Amy ran to the door, however Shadow quickly composes his self and manages to grab her wrist. Pulling her back into the room, onto the floor. She lands on her rear end, as blood splatters onto the wood. Shadow swiftly shuts the metal door before gazing down at his hostage. Amy begins to crawl away, aiming her hammer outward. Suddenly, her vision became blurry; seeing Shadow as a black blob. Shadow notices her eyes were beginning to close. Becoming droopy. "Scourge! Get the med kit now!" He shouts, Amy's hearing became to fade. Her body collapses, Shadow swiftly goes to her side. Holding the pink hedgehog before her body could hit the ground. He stares down at her wrist, more blood drips from her skin. Scourge runs in with an open mid kit in hand, "What is it?!" Shadow looks up at Scourge. "Give me that goddamn kit!" He demands, Scourge runs to the opposite side of Amy. Putting the med kit beside Shadow. Who grabs a bunch of tissues to apply direct pressure onto the wound. Scourge looks up to notice something he has never seen Shadow do... He was beginning to cry.