Chapter 21

Sonic opens his eyes lazily due to hearing a loud clunk nearby the bed. A loud and tiring yawn leaves his throat; he moves his jaw left then right. Hearing a small crack. "Oh, you're finally awake." A female voice giggles. Sonic turns, now laying on his side. Viewing his girlfriend already clothed: a puff sleeved white blouse, blue jeans, black ankle boots, a pink bracelet and a small amount of makeup on her face. Sonic gives a questionable look, "What time is it?" He rubs his left closed eye. Noticing the curtains were already open; letting the sunlight. "Only 11 AM." She walks toward him and kisses his cheek. "I'm going out, breakfast is downstairs." Before she could step away from him, Sonic quickly grabs her wrist. Stopping her. "Wait. W-why are you leaving?" He asks, his tone was full of worry. Amy never heard Sonic that worried before; it was surprising. "Cause I can? I need fresh air Sonic." He gets out of bed, to take a hold of Amy's other wrist. " Yeah but, what if he comes back and takes you again?" Sonic's grips begins to tighten. Hurting Amy a little. "What if another bastard tries to take you? I can't have that happen again. I can't-" "Sonic stop it!" Amy shouts, making Sonic snap out of his ranting.

His eyes dart down to her hands, seeing that he was holding her wrists to tight. He lets go and backs away. Amy bites her lip, relieved that the pain had stopped. "Shit, I-I'm sorry." He looks away in shame. "I over reacted." Amy sighs. "It's ok Sonic." She wraps her arms around his neck, pulling his body against hers. Sonic soon places his arms around her waist; he missed her sweet and warm touch. It was one of the many things he missed over these couple of days. "I understand why you're worried. But you shouldn't be. I'm a strong girl after all." She moves away, so she was now face to face with her boyfriend. "Anyway, I'm going out with a friend. So I won't be alone baby." She leans up to give a quick kiss on his cheek. Sonic smiles, slowly letting go of her waist. "Alright babe. However, I want you to text every hour. I need to know you're ok." Amy giggles at his protectiveness. "I will Soniku~" She removes her arms from Sonic. Turning around to grab her bag. Jogging over to their bedroom door. Before she leaves, she turns to wave goodbye. Then leaves the room and the house.

~~~

Amy's eyes scan the small crowds inside the store. Pondering on who could be this Shane Sombra guy: was he a gangsta? A mod boss? A normal guy? She held onto her bag tightly, what if the guy doesn't come. Was if a cop caught him or- "Rose." She hears a voice whisper against her her ear. Swiftly, she turns behind her to see a taller hedgehog. They had a hoodie on with some blue jeans and black boots. Although the hoodie was covering their face, Amy saw their eyes... their red eyes. Her pupils become small in shock, "Y-you're the guy I met a couple of days go...aren't you?" He takes a hold of her hand, pulling her close to him. To have his lips closer to her ear. "You know who I am. Now act normal; cops are around." He back away to face her. Amy frantically nods, slightly squeezing his hand. His hand was warm but rough. 'Shane' exits thee store with Amy, making his way to a more quiet area. Which was outside of a less known store. 'Shane' checks his surroundings; no cops were watching them. Amy lets go of his hand, looking at him questionably. "Where the hell is Shadow? I thought he said yes to meeting me."

'Shane' puts his hands into his hoodies pocket. "Why do you want to meet him anyway?" "Because I...I miss him." She admits it; she misses him. It was stupid of her to miss a fucking criminal that kidnapped her. Could she have Stockholm syndrome? Like fuck if she knows. Her heads mostly fucked thanks to all of this crap. "Don't ask why! I barely know my reasoning for it either. I just want to talk with him; that's all." He smirks and begins to chuckle. The chuckles weren't to insult Amy, but they were out of relief. Relieved that Amy wasn't trying to string him up. "Well it's a good thing he's here then." He pulls off the hoodie. Amy lets out a little gasps, before clutching her arms around his neck. Pulling Shadow into a warm embrace. "Shadow!" He places his hand onto her hips, slightly pushing her back. "Don't say my name out loud." He whispers, making her giggle a little. "Sorry just.. you seriously got me worried that you wouldn't show." She removes her arms from Shadow. Awkwardly rubbing her right elbow. "There's no need to worry anymore, rose." His eyes travel to her wrists, seeing the bandages were still on. 

Amy notices and hides them behind her, "They're ok you know! Thanks to you that is." She smiles sweetly, Shadow gazes back up at her. A small grin creeping onto his lips, "Yeah sure... anyway, I had booked a table for us at Minuet Meals. We have 10 minuets before we need to go; so we can do whatever you want before then." Shadow explains. Amy goes to his side, linking her arm with his. As she begins to walk, Shadow quickly does the same. "Let's just walk and talk for abit. You're ok with that?" Shadow just nods, letting Amy start the conversation. She begins to talk about her likes, which some Shadow agreed with as well: liking sweet foods, cooking, action movies etc. Shadow was relieved to have someone to talk to freely. It felt as if he wasn't a criminal, just a normal guy. Having no need to worry about the cops, thugs or enemies trying to take him down. With Amy...it felt as if the world stopped. Just for Shadow to relax and enjoy life with zero worries.