Chapter 10

The pink hedgehog jerks up to see a flat screen wall TV. Her emerald eyes dart down to her body; her boots were taken off to see her ankles are now wrapped in bandages. Her left wrist were in bandages as well, some blood was on them. That's when Amy notices where she was. On a double bed; Lying on a soft red cover. Slowly, she properly sits up with a low groan. To have her right wrist pulled back, waking her up fully. Amy looks to the side, her bandaged wrist was cuffed to the bed frame. She tugs at the cuffs, trying to break free. "Don't do that." Her head turns to the dark corner of the room. Two crimson eyes were in the darkness, staring at Amy. "Why t-the hell am I now?" She gulps, backing herself into the bed frame. The figure stands up, walking out of the shadows. Of course it was Shadow. Amy quickly takes out her hammer from her back. Using her free hand. Causing Shadow to freeze for a second, "Answer my damn question!" She commands, swinging her hammer to have him back away. The black hedgehog sighs in annoyance. Swiftly, he runs right in front of her. Holding her hammer's yellow face, to stop it from making contact with him. Amy tries to pull it away, only for no avail. Shadow still had his grip, "G-get off!-" Shadow takes the hammer out of her grasp. Throwing to the other side of the room. Fear begins to grow inside Amy.

Shadow lifts his left knee onto the bed, leaning his self closer to Amy. Causing her to blush as he stares into her eyes. As if he was trying to figure her out. Amy backs herself further to the bed frame, her body now pushing against it. "H-hey stop-" Suddenly Shadow places his hand against her cheek. Silencing her, they both stare at each other. "Your alluring eyes...I'm enchanted by-" He pauses, realizing what he is saying. To a HOSTAGE. Instantly he backs away, turning his back to Amy. His face becoming red from embarrassment. It was idiotic for him to have feelings over her. Amy tilts her head, "Wha... Where am I?" Amy questions in an unsure tone. She was really confused by his action; it was odd but... she liked it? Just staring into those beautiful eyes of his, made her flustered. "In my bedroom rose. Since you managed to escape from your restraints last time; I'll be keeping you here." He answers. Then there was sudden knock at his door. Startling Amy. Shadow opens the door; viewing his buddy Knuckles at the door. Amy gasps, "K-Knuckles?" The red Echidna glances at her, shock all over his face. He froze for a moment until- "What do you want?" Shadow growls, irritated by Knuckles' interruption. "Erm... I was gunna ask about my cuffs but I guess you have them. Wait, why is she in your bedroom?" Knuckles glares; he never thought of Shadow like that but... seeing a 25 year old woman cuffed to the bed does make him speculate. "Because she managed to get out of her restraints and injured herself. So I'm keeping her to have a closer eye on her."

Knuckles looks back at Amy, before he looks back at Shadow. "Fine... but you better not hurt her." Shadow nods, impatiently wanting him out of the room. "I won't, now leave." He closes the door, sighing in relief. Then turns to face Amy, who looked very confused. "When did Knuckles-- I thought he was friends with Sonic?" Shadow ambles to his drinking counter, pouring two small shots of alcohol. "He is, but he's also friends with me." Shadow chugs his first shot down fast. Calming his frustration. Amy glances around her, trying to find anything nearby to help her... unfortunately nothing could. Amy sighs, looking back to her wrists. Shadow turns to face her, with his second shot in hand. "I'm guessing, you helped me with my wrists." Amy states, feeling uncomfortable about the silence between them. Shadow simply nods; making his way to the side of the bed. Sitting down beside his hostage. Who, surprisingly, doesn't back away this time. "Yes, I need you alive after all. By the way; I applauded you for going through such pain to get out of that chair. I would've done the same." Amy blinks for a couple of times, before she awkwardly smiles. How come he is complimenting her? "Thank you..? How long was I out?" "Around 4 hours. It's now quarter till 11." He stretches the drink outward to Amy. "Want a drink?" He offers. She takes the shot and sniffs the liquid. Immediately she cringes from the scent of alcohol. Pulling the drink away, "Ew!" Shadow grabs the shot and chuckles. Amused by her reaction. "What you don't like alcohol?" Amy nods, pouting at his laugh. 

Shadow drinks the shot, placing the empty cup on the counter (That's beside the bed). "Would you like something on?" Shadow questions grabbing the TV remote from the same counter. Amy quickly nods. "Yeah!" Shadow twist his body to point the remote to the TV. Pressing the turn on button. Now watching an Oliver Twist movie. He gazes at Amy, "This fine for you?" Shadow passes her the remote. Standing up. "Yep. I erm-- thanks." Amy avoids his gaze, placing the remote next to her. Shadow softly smiles, making Amy blush slightly. The first time she sees him smile. As if he was some kind of angel. "You're welcome rose. I'll be back soon." That was the last thing he said, before leaving her in his room.