Chapter 20

It was almost 1 in the morning; Amy was patiently waiting in bed. Staring at the alarm clock on her bedside. Watching as the time went by every second. She hopes Shadow will agree to see her again. She just wants to stare into his crimson eyes again, kiss those amazing lips of his, caress-- a yawn behind her stops her dreaming. She turns her head to see her boyfriend sound asleep. Sonic was a heavy sleeper; only the smell of a chilli dog would wake him up. His arms pulled Amy's body closer to his (His arms were around her waist). A small smile forms upon the pink hedgehog's face. Sonic was cute when he sleeps. He looks so peaceful. A sudden thought popped into her mind; was talking more with Shadow worth it? After all, her life with Sonic has been fine: They rarely fought, most of the time supporting each other, spend a lot of time together whenever they can... then again. Looking back at her life with Sonic, it seems rather boring. What would it be like with Shadow?

RING

RING

Amy quickly reaches over to her bedside counter. Opening the first draw to see her phone ringing. Knuckles' name was on the screen. She grabs the phone and quickly answers, "Knuckles? What did he say?" Amy asks, sounding way too eager. "He said he can meet you." Amy holds in a squeal of excitement. So she won't wake up Sonic. "Tomorrow: you'll wait at the Game X Change store for him, stay nearby the desk and a hedgehog named Shane Sombra will meet you." Knuckles explains in a serious tone. "Ok. Is there any specific time?" "Around 12, Amy." Amy begins to hear another voice on Knuckles side. "I gotta go now." Before Amy could say goodbye, Knuckles cuts off the call.  Amy questions why it was so abrupt; but that doesn't matter. She's just happy that she can see Shadow again. Amy places her phone back into the counter draw. Then she begins to get more comfortable in bed, pulling the cover closer to her body. She thinks back to the call, so she won't forget anything. Thinking back to that hedgehog's name; Shane Sombra. Has she heard of that name before?

~~~

A group of thugs sat around their dealing table. All betting as much as they could; only one had done a full house. And won. The males around the table groan and shout in anger. "Unbelievable!!" One shouts, leaning back into his chair. "Seriously Shadow? How come you win?!" Shadow shrugs, collecting his well deserved win. At least gambling was a way to get his money back. However it's a high risk. It's hard to cheat at times; luckily he was at Silver's casino. Silver makes sure Shadow, at least, wins most of the time. "Years of practice." Shadow answer bluntly, snapping his fingers. For a guard of his to take his winnings. Then place them in a large bag money, to take out to his friend's car. A thug beside Shadow leans toward him, "Hey I gotta ask you something." "Fire away." Shadow grabs his shot glass to take a chug. "I heard you got yourself a little pink female Hedgehog at yours." The thug smirks. His sentence causes the other thugs to put their attention to Shadow. "Why does this matter?" He raises an eyebrow. A thug across from him chuckles, "Cause you've never been with a girl." A couple of thugs chuckle in agreement. "Yeah. Scourge tried hookin' you up with that blonde chick." "She was pretty hot as well." A thug comments, crossing his arms. "Yet you rejected her!" The thug next to him says. Shadow stands up, wanting to get out of this situation. "That's because I ain't interested in dating some random woman off the street."

Shadow pauses upon seeing Knuckles was standing at the entrance. He clears his throat, "Now if you'll excuse me but I have business to attend to." Shadow walk around the table to Knuckles. Waiting for an answer from the Echidna. "I told her about tomorrow. I recommend being careful; Sonic could have some officers watching her." Knuckles moves to the side, to let Shadow walk out first. Soon enough following him. "Alright, thank you Knuckles." This slightly surprised Knuckles. It was rare for Shadow to genuinely thank someone. As they walk down the stairs, Knuckles warmly smiles. "No problem." They soon make it to the back of the casino, now in the alley way. Viewing Rouge; standing beside her BMW blue car, smoking. She smiles upon seeing her boyfriend and best friend. "Hey boys, ready to go to the club?" Rouge smirks, throwing her cig to the ground. Knuckles kisses her cheek, then he opens the cars door for her. Letting in be in the passenger seat. Shadow swiftly gets into the drivers seat. Making Knuckles stay in the back seats. "I'm only going to stay for an hour." Shadow informs, turning the ignition on to start the car. Rouge smiles, crossing her legs. Peering to the back, seeing Knuckles smile with her. They knew when Shadow says this; it means he has something on his mind and wants to think through it. "Alright dear." Rouge says, as Shadow drives the car out of the alley.