Chapter 3

"Lisa! Come on in." Coach Kim said as Lisa walked inside. She didn't necessarily want to be here but she was going to suck it up.

"I'm sorry about Saturday." Lisa said. She wanted to get straight to the point and she watched as her coach turned serious.

"It was the lowest-scoring game we have ever had and what happened out there?" He asked and Lisa shrugged.

"I don't know, sir. But it won't happen again. We will do better. I will do better. This has never happened to me and I'm sorry."

"I could tell you that it's just a game but we both know I'd be wasting my breath. Just bring me that monster that I know is living inside of you and I mean that in the best way possible. I'd very much like to see her this Saturday."

"Of course, coach. You got it."

"Don't beat yourself up. I'm not mad. You are the best player that has ever walked through my door. I will never be mad at that."

Lisa could talk about the dysfunctional relationship she had with her coach but she knew they were both on the same page when it came to the game. They seemed to know how to get it done and sometimes they don't even talk about it. They just do it and it was amazing to watch.

No one else had the relationship that Lisa had with Coach Kim. Lisa would never admit it but she liked the guy because he knew his stuff. She would admit that she didn't like him because he totally drooled over Ms. Kim whenever she was around, but he was an alright guy.

"Thank you." Lisa said quietly and Coach Kim nodded.

"I'll see you at practice."

Lisa was glad to leave. She was glad that it was over. She could finally move on and there was no way in hell she was losing next game.

It wasn't sunny like it normally was in the morning. Today was chilly and there were storm clouds above as Lisa looked over to Ms. Kim.

She was approaching her slowly like she normally did because she never wanted to admit what she was doing. But Lisa knew what she was doing and she handed her over a cigarette.

"For someone who is suppose to be the star of the basketball team, you sure do smoke a lot." Ms. Kim said as she sat down right next to the basketball player.

Ms. Kim was in casual clothes today. It was Friday and it was usually a tradition within the staff to where casual clothes. Ms. Kim was in leggings and a blue NYU hoodie. Her hair was down today and it was wavy and she looked beautiful.

"I know. I've been trying to cut back. It's not really working."

"There's other things that you could do to stop smoking." Ms. Kim commented.

"Cigarettes help me relax." Lisa said and Ms. Kim nodded.

"I understand you."

It was calm out today. Like everyone just knew it was going to storm later on. The breeze was strong today and Ms. Kim's hair flowed with it.

"I don't know why I smoke," Ms. Kim said to break the silence that fell around them. "God knows I shouldn't be." She chuckled darkly and Lisa looked over to her.

"What does that mean?" Lisa asked and Ms. Kim shook her head.

"Nothing. Never mind." Ms. Kim huffed and Lisa scooted closer to her.

"You can't say something like that and not elaborate." Lisa said and she was surprised that Ms. Kim didn't scoot away from her. They weren't touching but all it took was Lisa to move her thigh to the right and they would be.