Chapter 19

Jiyoung was awake when Lisa and Jennie stepped into his room. They decided to go see him on Thursday after school before they leave tomorrow. Jiyoung looked over to them and he smiled wide. Lisa immediately went over to greet him.

"Hi, Jiyoung." Lisa smiled and Jiyoung smiled right back.

"Hey, Lisa," Jiyoung smiled back before he looked over to his daughter. "Hey, baby girl."

"Hi, daddy."

There was a nurse in there checking over his vitals and Lisa and Jennie stood back respectfully. Once the nurse left, Lisa and Jennie sat down by his side.

"We leave tomorrow, dad." Jennie reminded her dad softly and he nodded.

"I'll miss you." Jiyoung said and then he looked over to Lisa. "I'll miss you too."

Lisa's eyes widened and looked at the man in shock.

"Really?" Lisa asked dumbfounded.

"Yes, you're awesome." Jennie's dad said simply and Lisa smiled softly.

"So are you."

"Wow, do you want me to leave the room?" Jennie teased and her dad groaned softly.

"Oh, I'm not trying to hit on your girl, it's okay." Jiyoung waved his daughter off.

Jennie looked over to Lisa who was looking at Jiyoung in shock. Lisa's heart was pounding in her chest. She didn't say anything and watched as Jennie opened and closed her mouth multiple times.

Jiyoung didn't catch on to the fact that both girls were in shock and he looked back over to Lisa.

"I've been watching more basketball games. I watched one during lunch today." Jiyoung said proudly. He was so happy that Lisa went with what just happened.

Her heart was still beating out of her chest and she looked back at Jennie. Her eyes weren't as wide as before and she seemed calm which made Lisa calm. Jennie let out a tiny sheepish smile and Lisa smiled back. They both nodded, they weren't going to correct him and Lisa could feel her palms getting sweaty.

Lisa turned her attention back to Jiyoung and they talked about basketball and Jennie sat back with a smile and watched them.

Lisa still couldn't believe Jiyoung referred to her as Jennie's but for some reason, she was completely okay with it.

"Do you have everything you need?" Lisa's mother asked and Lisa nodded.

"Yup. Mom, you packed it all." Lisa said and Chitthip pulled her daughter in for a hug.

"I'm going to miss you." Chitthip whispered dramatically.

"Mom, I'll be gone for like three days." Lisa pointed out and Chitthip grabbed Lisa's cheeks and kissed them.

"I will still miss you, my love." Chitthip said sadly and Lisa nodded. Her mom was so lonely these days. Lisa tried to spend as much time with her as she could when she wasn't working.

"I will miss you too, mom."

"You behave yourself," Chitthip said seriously. "I don't want any reports."

"Mom, that was one time!" Lisa chided.

"One too many! Do not run away from your group and wander off by yourself." Chitthip said sternly and a part of Lisa felt guilty because she had plans of doing just that.

"I won't, mom. I'll be back before you know it but I need to leave so I can get on the bus." Lisa said and her mom nodded.

Her mom cupped her cheeks and looked at her affectionately, "I don't know who she is but I like her already." Chitthip said softly and Lisa froze underneath her. Lisa wasn't going to lie to her mother though. Was it that obvious?