Chapter 40 [M]

Lisa grimaced at the horrendous music blasting around Jennie's apartment. Lisa loved the cold weather and not having school because of the snow, but she hated, absolutely hated the holidays.

Lisa smiled as she looked out the window. It was late afternoon and snow was falling heavily outside. She chuckled because Jennie had been walking around all day with her Santa hat on. Jennie had tried multiple times to get Lisa to wear one, but Lisa declined every time.

She was never really a big fan of the holidays. It was always tense and awkward without her dad around. Her mom had enough money to afford a few gifts, but it was never the same. Nothing was the same after Marco left.

Lisa was trying to be more open about it. Jennie had been in a good mood all day, mostly because there was no school tomorrow. Her good mood had resulted in having sex all over her apartment, something that Lisa was certainly not opposed to.

The second half of the day consisted of cheesy Christmas songs and Jennie baking. A little while after, Lisa somehow got roped into watching a couple Christmas movies and now Jennie was making her famous Pot roast.

Jennie's apartment was decorated in fairy lights and Christmas themed silverware, table cloths and paper plates. Lisa couldn't complain because Jennie told her she had a surprise for her later. Lisa was almost positive it was her dressing up as Mrs. Claus and she couldn't wait to take Jennie to the North Pole.

"So," Jennie drawled out. Her back was to Lisa as she worked in the kitchen. "What are you getting me for Christmas?"

Lisa stood frozen in her spot. Jennie hadn't looked back at her and Lisa panicked. She had no idea what Jennie wanted.

"What do you want?" Lisa answered smoothly.

"I'd take anything from you." Jennie shrugged. Lisa smiled as she walked up behind Jennie, and buried her face in her neck.

"So, can't I just show you my joystick and call it a day?"

"Okay, let me rephrase the question," Jennie hummed and melted into Lisa's arms. "What are you going to get me that's kid friendly? I have three presents, two will be kid friendly and the other is just plain dirty."

"What is it?" Lisa giggled in Jennie's ear.

"Oh, you'll find out." Jennie flashed Lisa a flirty smile. Lisa leaned down to kiss Jennie and backed away.

"I'll get you something nice, don't you worry."

"Why do I feel like I need to be worried?" Jennie asked warily, but she had a playful glint in her eyes.

"I'll probably get you some coal and call it a day."

"You do that and I won't give you your third gift and I know you'll like it."

Lisa started setting the table as Jennie put the finishing touches on dinner.

It was a nice Sunday evening and Lisa told her mom she was staying at Rosé's. She hated that she was still lying to her mom and using Rosé as a cover, but she wasn't in the place to tell her mom yet.

"And I'll get you something you'll love." Lisa said with confidence, but on the inside, she had no idea what she was going to get Jennie.

Lisa still had time to pick out a gift for Jennie. She paid close attention to the dresses and accessories Jennie wore on a daily basis.

Lisa wanted to get her a bracelet, but Lisa wanted something bigger than that. She had enough money saved up and didn't mind spending it on her girlfriend.

As the weeks wore on, Lisa was running out of time and she was getting desperate. Lisa finally had to call in the big guns, she had no other choice.