Chapter 43

Lisa had never really had dinner with any girl she was seeing where she introduced them to her mom. In the back of her mind, she knew it wasn't going to last, so there was no point in introducing them to Chitthip.

The only girl that had the pleasure of meeting her mom was Nancy, but she wasn't around anymore. Nancy and well... now Jennie. Even though Chitthip had no clue who Jennie was to Lisa, she reeled the girl in and asked questions she would only ask a girl Lisa was seeing. Jisoo had been questioned... but not nearly as much as Jennie.

It was like Chitthip was caught in a haze, that only Jennie and Dara could break her out of. She hardly paid attention to anything her daughter was saying, her sole focus was the brunette-haired beauty that was sitting across from her.

Lisa never took her eyes off of Dara, who was sitting right next to Chitthip and across from her. Dara acted oblivious to it, not paying attention to the squint of Lisa's eyes when Chitthip wasn't watching.

The conversation was flowing smoothly. Lisa had been asked to clean the middle floor the night before. Her mom didn't want an ounce of dust and by the end of it, Lisa was completely exhausted. She did a good job though, because Dara had complimented the whole house, saying she needed to keep hers up to date like theirs. Dara worked so much, she was starting to forget what her kitchen looked like.

They were all seated around the dinner table in the dining room. They only used it when relatives came by, which wasn't very often.

Chitthip wanted to use their finest china and the good cutlery, none of that plastic stuff that Lisa swore would've been appropriate to use with the Kim's. Chitthip wanted to make a nice impression and insisted on the better cutlery.

Lisa set the table for six and felt relieved that Rosé was sitting next to her. Jisoo was on the other side of the table next to Dara and Jennie was coincidentally right next to Lisa.

"So, tell me, would you ever take your clothing line global?" Chitthip asked intrigued by Jennie's profession as she cut up her chicken. Lisa stayed quiet, wondering the exact same thing.

"I've thought about it," Jennie nodded, taking a sip of her wine. "Right now the company isn't worldwide which I've been pushing Kane to do since I started working there."

"Marcus has always been stubborn." Dara cut in knowingly, placing a hand on Chitthip's arm. Jennie rolled her eyes in agreement.

"I respect Marcus very much, but I want a lot of things to change once I become boss. The first thing I want to do is take this thing globally, so the short answer is yes. I still want to work on designs. I still want to be a part of this company. I don't want to just make sure everything is running smoothly. I want this company to thrive and in order to do that, I need more investors."

"Speaking like a business woman already." Dara raised her wine glass, a rare proud smile stretching across her face, one Jennie couldn't help but blush to.

"Thanks, mom." Jennie said coolly, but deep down Lisa knew Jennie was thrilled her mom thought so highly of her.

"You are quite a successful woman. I can't believe you don't have a man... or woman hanging off your arm." Chitthip spoke non-lethally, but had no idea the can of worms she'd just unleashed.

Lisa could see it in Dara's eyes that she wanted to say something. Probably mention how she was seeing someone and how that someone was her daughter. Lisa took a sip of her water, eyes daring over the rim of it, just begging for Dara to say something, anything to ruin this.

But to Lisa's surprise, Dara just sat back in her seat, silently waiting to see how Jennie answered. Actually, everyone was on the edge of their seats, waiting for Jennie to say something.