16

-Isabelle's pov-

I awake to the steady patter of rain upon my window, the freezing air seemed to slither up and down my body as i just lay down. I don't want to get up, I don't want to move at all. I reach up to my phone and turn off the aggravating alarm that kept on ringing for 5 minutes now. I put on my happy Spotify playlist, trying to somehow get my bitter thoughts out of my mind.

Getting up I stare at my reflection, my sunken eyes staring back at me, my hair frizzier than ever and my mascara stained on my cheeks since yesterday night, I look like a mess. I hastily got ready as I again did not receive anything from Marina, its been a whole week since we last talked and it hurts me as I feel us drifting away, why does she have to leave me here so confused?

-

-Arriving at school-

It was only 7:46 which meant I'm early to class; it was empty, only a few nerds were sitting at the very two first tables at the front. I take a seat on mine and Marinas table and wait until the bell rings, drawing on my notebook to kill the time

"Bella" Christians familiar voice echoes in my ears, 

"huh?" I look up to him in surprise, not expecting him here as he's sitting on Marinas chair

"You okay?" his full attention is on me, as he narrows his caring eyes. Feeling a tightening in my throat as my eyes water, somebody actually cares.

I look deep into his brown eyes, and without hesitation I lay my head on his chest, my eyes were filled to the brim with tears. Christian immediately places his hands around me, confronting me in a tight caring hug as I try to calm my body in comparison to how tangled my mind is. I feel my bottom lip quiver as I bury my face in his chest, hoping no one is staring as we're at the back of the class. 

"I'm a mess Christian" I whispered as my shoulders dropped in resignation, still holding on to him

"shh, its gonna be okay" he mutters as he caresses my mop of unruly dark curls, making me slowly collect myself as I sit up on the chair blinking back the tears and fix my hair, feeling Christians protective eyes on me.

The ball has now rang as most of the students were in class, me and Christian still sat next to each other as his hand was around my shoulder still trying to calm me down. Where is Ander? Guzman and Polo is here.. what about him? 

I turn around and goggle up to his seat, to surprisingly find him sitting there. He has a sour expression on as he is searching for something through his pencil case, making my body suddenly freeze as he looks up to me with raging narrow eyes and then back down at his pencil case; Completely ignoring me.

I turn back around and swallow, continuing to sketch the pain and confusion away as I could hear two familiar chuckles echoing from the hallway, with each step coming closer and closer. I look up at the door, to find Carla and Marina smiling up to each other as they sit next to each other at the front, not even glancing up at me, checking if I'm okay. I hold my  breath and start playing with ring, trying to not let the negative thoughts consume me; But it was too late.. she said I was important to her but she now makes me feel that I'm not worth of her time, I don't get it. 

I quietly run my hands through my hair as the teacher quickly comes in class, making everyone go silent, except Christian

"You want me to stay here?" he quietly mutters, making sure that I'm okay with him sitting next to me.

"Yes please" I whisper looking down as he pats my back, and gives me a small genuine smile. 

-

-3rd break- a few hours later

"I don't know who! but I swear If I find out who it is... ill make sure he or she will pay for what he did" Carla's voice echoes through the bathroom as I eavesdrop without wanting to, who could've stole her watches? and anyways doesn't she has lots of money to be worrying about some watches? I think to myself