19

"Marina?" I question the curly haired girl walking in front of me. Today was finally Friday, and school was done 10 minutes ago, I was just walking towards my house as I notice the familiar ginger hair that Marina has. Maybe it is time for me to talk to her, I remember Ander.

She turns around as for several moments she stood unmoving

"What?" she heaved a sigh as she crossed her arms, as I rose my eyebrows

"What, what? are we never gonna talk? why have you been ignoring me for almost a month now huh?" I say the words that were bottled up inside me as her eyes widened

"There's nothing to talk about, and I don't even care really" She rolls her eyes as I notice her swallowing the lump in her throat

"What the hell do you mean you don't even care Marina! What the hell is up with you! I actually thought we were friends!... Best friends!" I yell, Irritation surging inside of me

"This is a joke isn't it?" I ask, as I glare at her

She shrugs her shoulders, and looks down before looking back at me "No, this isnt a joke my dearest Isabelle. I'm really sorry this had to end like this but I had to.. I Have to" She hissed. All I can hear right now is bullshit and I'm not having this anymore

"Just know i fucking trusted you. I fucking loved you!" I stab my finger towards her as I feel my eyes welling up. 
"I can't do this anymore" I walked up to her, my face inches away from hers as her eyes are just, blank.

"You meant everything to me, you helped me through so much, and now you're the one who's hurting me. Why!" I yell as my pulse sped up and clench my fists so hard that i feel nails cut into my skin. I look away as I feel my face getting red, tears running down my cheeks as I quickly wipe them. I can't let her see me crying.

"Am i that easy to forget or get rid of?" I mumble, as I stare at her. She shut her eyes as her mouth's set in a straight line. Not talking for a minutes as I continue; "I guess I am"

I look at her for one last time as her eyes were glued on the ground, my pulse raced and I breathed heavily, feeling as if I would burst. I turn away and continued walking to my house, as I felt the searing pain in my heart, my vision blurry; as the tears came and more thoughts whirled through my head. The hardest part about walking away from someone is that, no matter how slowly you go, they will never run after you.

-

I pass my house as I jog to my secret little hideaway, used to be both mine and Marinas... but not anymore. I sigh as I finally enter and look around the stunning view, trees stood still like statues in a museum; no leaf dared to fall from their branches as I immediately feel relaxed as the tree's soft whisper against the wind was like a lullaby; soothing and warm.

A blank, emotionless expression swept over my face as I sat down the wooden bench as I slowly took my notebook out of my bag and my pencil, before I started writing down my thoughts. With each pencil stroke i feel my tears run faster from the side of my face as my shoulders dropped in resignation; gasping for air. Before I buried my face in my hands, letting the tears flow once again

I close my worn-out notebook as I tiredly rub my eyes with my fingers. It was now dark outside as the only light that kept me going was my flashlight. The sounds of rustling bushes and the howl of the wind made me walk a bit faster as I hear my heart race, afraid that I'm never going to make it out. Until i see a quiet and faint beam that cut right through the darkness into the trees. 

I hurriedly try to make my way out as twigs and branches assailed me as i feel my heart beating faster with each step that I take. Suddenly, I step into the familiar empty street. No sound is made, my own breathing is ringing in my ears. Making this feel like a cold dream, or should I say nightmare?