28

"Today's Guzman's birthday by the way" Ander explains as we were now sitting on the train, going back home after our little getaway.

"Oh shit i should call him and wish him a happy birthday, Is he planning to do something?" I ask him as I take my bag and search for my phone hidden at the very bottom.

"Yeah he is having a party at his house, we should go" He confesses as I now look outside the window. I would for sure love to go and make sure Guzman has a good time, but what about Marina?

"You're thinking about Marina right?" He asks me as I turn my head to face his eyes.

"It'll be okay, i'll promise you that. I won't let anything ruin your night" He reassures me as he grabs a hold of my cold hand, immediately making me feel better.

Hopefully i wont regret this.

--------

Each step that I take to the front entrance I feel my heart pounding against my ribs as if trying to fulfill a thousand beats. Suddenly Ander takes a hold of my hand and rubs circles around it, trying to calm me down.

Everyone's eyes were on us as we walked around the house, including Anna. Ander's fling that used to be all over him. Her eyes scanned us, up and down, including me. She rolled her eyes and turned the other way.

I swallow the lump in my throat and look at the floor, its okay I think to myself.

"Heyy lovebirds!" Guzman's familiar voice echoes from the kitchen as I let out a sigh of relief.

"Happy birthday you dickhead!" I joke as I hug him and kiss his cheek, as he does the same, smiling widely as he exchanges hugs with Ander as well. He looks genuinely happy which makes my heart bloom. Good for him.

"Go get some drinks, and ill meet you there!" He informs us as he points at the outside bar. Making me and Ander both nod our heads and smile.

Heading outside we found Polo, Carla, and the rest of the group chilling and drinking their drinks, they waved for us to come over as we sat down with them.

Ander and Polo started talking about random stuff while the rest of the girls sat on their phones for a while. I look up to the pool, Where's Marina? I haven't seen her anywhere.

"I'm going to the toilet" I whispered to Ander as I place my hand on his leg for balance before standing up

"Text me if anything alright?" He takes a hold of my hand before I left, I nod down at him as I started to make my way inside.

"Isabelle" a voice echoes again from the kitchen, making me turn back around.

"Hey" Guzman says as he places his hands on the kitchen table, rubbing his eyes before continuing.

"It's about Marina.. she needs you.." He explains

"She may not show it, but I know for sure that something is up, and I know that you. No matter what.. you'll want to help.." He continues

"Can you please help me, help her. With whatever is up, I know you don't talk and I can-" he mumbles as I cut him off

"Yes I will help you Guzman. Its alright, you know I always want her to be happy" I respond as he comes forward and hugs me

"Thank you"

----------

"I think she's at the spot" Christian whispers as I nod my head and whisper a thank you

"By the way, what's up with you and Ander? Why is he talking to that?" His brows snap together as I confusedly search for what he is looking at.

There was Ander sitting next to Anna, the girl who was judging me before. I look up to Ander to find him looking around while she stared into his eyes, clearly showing that he isn't interested.

"We're together" I chuckle, "But let me know if anything occurs aight?" I joke and give him a smile before turning my heel and start walking to the spot which takes 2 minutes from here.

---

From afar I see no group of people sit at the usual benches as I searched to find any curly hair anywhere. As I got closer I see smoke evaporating to the air a few benches down, making me exhale. releasing some of the tension that had built up in my shoulders as I find Marina sitting on the bench, smoking a cigarette alone.

I walk up to her

"Hey" I whisper, as she looks up at me, a clear vision of her face visible to me now.

Her cheeks were stained with mascara as her eyes were bloodshot red.

"I'm surprised you even want to talk to me" she mumbles softly as I take a seat next to her

"You know, I wont leave you no matter what" I whisper and look at the other side as I smell the smoke of the "cigarette"

"You're getting high without me? Fuck you" I joke as I grab the cig out of her hand and place it on my lips. I glance up at her to see her smirk before hiding her face with her hair.

"I want to say sorry" her voice breaks, as she explains. I let out a puff of smoke as I look at her

"It's ok-"

"No it's not okay, I'm such a bitch and I hope you understand that I wasn't at my best, I never even wanted to say that to you" She cries as she looks down at the floor

"I know, that's why I'm talking to you now. I know something is bothering you, something happened, and I'm here to talk to you if you want" I whisper

And with that she explains everything to me, from being pregnant to stealing the watches of Carla's dad. Making me feel bad for not being next to her through it all.

"Marina! That's dangerous! You know Carla's family is crazy" I explain as I feel my eyes slowly shut as I fully inhale the smoke with my lungs.

"I know, I know, but I had to" she explains as I sigh

"I just want you to be safe, and don't worry I wont say anything. Just stay safe please" I whisper as I look deep into her eyes.

"I miss you" She cries and without a second thought she crashes into my arms as we both cry, feeling emotional after all those days without each other.

—————
Thank you for reading loves!! Hopefully you liked it😊